Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas!!!!!

I can't wait!!!

I am slowly but surely working on getting my Christmas shopping done. It is not going to be much but at least something for everyone. And extra for the girls of course. We're celebrating Sara's birthday too before we leave for Arkansas so I have to bring her birthday presents with me.

Brad put up blue icicle lights on the porch gable... he couldn't get it to be long enoug to reach end to end, so he went all electrician on me and spliced it with a cord from a hair dryer I had quit using because something inside was sounding funny. It's hilarious but I don't think anyone would notice if they didn't know. :-) Then I went to Dollar Tree and spent $5 on "pine" garland and red bows to wrap around the little deck. FUN! I want to get a little tree for inside, but I want the house clean first. There is always something though so I guess I shouldn't wait too long!

I finished designing our family Christmas card just a bit ago! I am SO excited! I always have grand intentions every year but I never have gotten cards out. I sent it to Wal-Mart.com to be one houred and if the single print turns out good then I'll order more and send them out! So please everyone send me your address! Unless I go to church with you, then I'll just give it to you. :-)

I want to bake! Christmas always makes me want to make things and cook things and all that but there is never any time. Tonight though, we are going to have a yummy dinner, I hope. Our dinner meals have been blah lately, so I decided to try to change that. I got tilapia filets and I'm going to bake them in tin foil with butter, lemon pepper, garlic, and dill. I have NEVER cooked fish before (well, fish sticks don't count!) so I'm hoping it turns out good! And I'm going to cook red potatoes, carrots & onions. And rolls. Need something green but the dill on the fish will have to suffice. Ha! And for dessert, I'm making a coconut oatmeal pie! YUMMY!! It's been FOREVER since I've made one. If you like chess pie (something I've discovered since being in TN!) or even pecan pie, you'd like this.

PRAY dinner doesn't flop. I really really want to surprise Brad with something different.

I was invited to a get together tonight and I think it really would be fun. But I need time with my family and that has got to come first. There will be other get togethers.

5 comments:

~Amy said...

Dinner sounds really good. I'll be over in about an hour. ;-) No, really, fish in the tin foil is the only way I do it also. It's easier and I think tastes really good. I think you can also do it in parchment paper or something like that. Have to check into that.

That was funny about Brad splicing wires for Christmas lights. Men are so crazy with that stuff. HA! I'm still trying to get mine to get some lights out on our balcony. In his defense, though, work for him has been really crazy and then we just celebrated Jackson's bday, so we've been pretty crazy lately.

Have fun.

Kasey said...

hope your dinner was good.

Kasey said...

and..u need to post the recipe for the dessert.

Valerie said...

I am not a fish eater, but that sounds good! Hope it turned out good.

I talked to you on the phone this evening, thanks to Gina using your phone.haha! The past two times I have heard you talk you sound like a happy person.Giggly and got me tickled.lol

Rebekah Doran said...

Oh, I want one! I want one! My address is

381 Kokanee Bend Dr
Columbia Falls, MT 59912

It was good to hear from you. Don't you just love being married to an electrician?!? lol

How did your dinner turn out? It sounded yummy. Have you got to bake anything yet? The kids and I made cookies yesterday. We are going to make some sugar cookies today. Fun, fun.