Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dumb Movie

A few years ago, I bought a cheap DVD at Old Time Pottery. It's a double feature, and I got it for Shirley Temple's The Little Princess. I could never get it to work on the computer so I forgot about it.

Sara found it day before yesterday and asked to watch the "house" movie. Well the other half of the double feature is The New Adventures of Heidi, with Burl Ives as Grandfather. I love him but this is the DUMBEST movie!!! It is chock full of dumb long drawn out introspective songs. At least a dozen!!!! It's terrible!!! And of COURSE, Sara just loves it!

So Sara is watching it and Heidi and her friend are crying, and Sara comes to me walking all slow with a pitiful look on her face and her head down. I asked her what was the matter, and she said, "Mama, I'm sad!" I said, "Aww, you wanna come cuddle Mama?" "No mama, I wanna KIE (cry) on you!"

It was so cute, it's the first time she's shown empathy with a movie. I can tell that there's gonna be lots of chick flicks in our future, and Mama and daughter can eat ice cream and kie on each other. But can we please pick something besides The New Adventures of Heidi????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOA! HOLD ON! I HAD A HEART ATTACK! YOU POSTED!

Grace & Co said...

Haha! That is the cutest story ever! How exciting to have a little girl to watch chick flicks with- minus the Heidi movie. Haha!