Saturday, June 10, 2006

Our Anniversary, Part Four

I'm sitting here eating my wonderful white chocolate M & M's that my wonderful Mama told me about! They so totally rock! And I so totally need to finish blogging about our anniversary before I forget stuff.

After the zoo we went to church and I got to visit with Wendy in the parking lot. She gave us lots of cool baby stuff! I'm so excited. Somehow it starts to seem more real when I have baby stuff sitting around the house. :-)

I was asking Wendy if she had a scanner 'cause I really wanted to put wedding pictures on my blog for our anniversary. She says, "Uh, no, I just take a picture of the picture... have you not been online yet today?" I'm like, no, I haven't been home all day.... She got me really freaked out cause all she would tell me is that my Mom did something online, and it was a really big deal, and there's all kind of stuff. I'm thinking, oh no what kind of scandal is going on in with my family in blogland? Told Wendy that thanks to her I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the service at all! She said, no it's good, really, but let's just say it's growing by the hour! Oh boy.

Sitting in church before service, Sis. Leslie says, I signed your web site thing! I'm like, Oh cool! And I start talking about how I want to know who is reading my blog, I obviously don't care too much 'cause I'm putting it online for the whole world to see, but I still like to know who's reading. She's like, Wait, WHAT are you talking about? I'm like, wait, what are YOU talking about? She's like, oh no, I spoiled the surprise. I'm like, what is it?? She's like, well, it's one of your parents put a bunch of pictures of you online and stuff and I probably wasn't supposed to say anything.

Service was really really good. I can't help being amused at Bro. Shaw though. Boy does Megan take after him. He has so much enthusiasm. He had to have said, "I've gone on too long, I'm going to wrap this up in 10 or 15 min." about 4 different times. :-) Oh, but the best part was when he inadvertently used Napoleon Dynamite lines. "In the body of Christ, we all have great skills." And then, "If you support the outreach program, all of your wildest dreams will come true." I even told him that one afterwards, in my best Pedro Voice. You should have seen his face. It was hilarious. :-)

Then walking out the door after service, Sis. Peggy says, I signed your website! I'm like, thank you.... not wanting to get into THAT again (But you know, I can't find her on there...).

So while I really couldn't wait to get home to find out what all the commotion was about, I was EXTREMELY starving so we decided to go through the Dairy Queen Drive Thru. We were patiently waiting our turn at the menu board, when who should suddenly appear, plastering herself with much force against the side of our car, but Kasey! She and Damon were two cars behind us. She walked back to her car, but not before I rolled down my window and yelled, "Hey Kasey! You need to eat a decroded piece of junk!" She yelled back, "Get off my property!" (All of which is more intelligent Napoleon Dynamite lines). Between the smashing of the side of my car by a pedestrian, and the yelled insults, I think we seriously scared the people behind us. They obviously haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite.

So we parked beside each other and ate our Dairy Queen. It was fun! I don't get to spend enough time around people so it was a blast, even if we were extremely goofy and Kasey grossed me out more than once. Good thing I kind of know to expect it now. :-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I so totally sound like a ditzy teenager with all of my "so totally's" and my "She was like's". OH well.

Anonymous said...

How did I gross you out? I was behaved that night.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting her smash your car. i miss her ssssssssssooooooooo much, all her crazy antics, makes me very jealous that you get to experience for real, but at least you posted so i could experience this way....thank you.