Friday, January 26, 2007

Firsts

Sara's First Tub Bath
12/18/06




I am LOVING being a Mama!! I love taking care of her. I love changing her diapers because she can't STAND being dirty. She will be easy to potty train if she keeps this up! I love doing all the things for her that she can't do for herself. It gives me a deep satisfaction.

I don't like it when I can't figure out what's wrong. Doesn't happen much though, thankfully.

I love it when she is changed and fed and just lays there looking at you and at things around the room in her calm peaceful way. She just takes everything in. I would love to know what goes on in her little mind!

She loves it when Daddy comes home from work. She will lay in his arms and just swing her little hands around and look at him for forever.


She tries to crawl when you put her on her tummy. She has had her little rear end up off the bed already! She will be scooting around before we know it! When she is laying on our chests, she will get a foothold in our bellybuttons and push like she is rock climbing! Cute!

It is tough learning how to get anything done. She can't stand being alone (can't blame her, who does?). She likes her sling but it is awkward because she is too little for it and I have to prop her up with a huge towel which makes it bulky. We have another carrier but it is kind of awkward too. I finally got the swing set up yesterday, and she liked being in there last night while I got some dishes done (wahoo!) and dinner made. So things ought to improve now. It's not always easy being a parent, but I'm loving every minute. Pretty soon she'll be talking and I'll be longing for the days I couldn't get anything done!

I ran to the store by myself on Monday (first time driving since before the delivery) and it was TERRIBLE! I kept hearing her cry. She was ok, I'm glad that Brad is such a great father, I didn't have to be worried about her, but I DID worry about her because I'm a Mama and that's just the way it is. It was our first time ever to be separated and Mama was a wreck! I have never been in such a hurry to get out of Wal-Mart before (Brad's prayers are answered! LOL!)!

Hope to have pictures of her dedication pretty soon. It was sooo special, but I will blog about that when I have pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww cute!

Nice new ticker. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sara Elizabeth is beautiful ! You're a natural born mama Rach...of course I knew that years ago!
Love you guys,
Your Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh that's great! Much easier than putting them all on Ringo. Thanks Meg. :-)