Monday, October 27, 2008

Remembering

Saturday, I decided that I needed some time to myself, to be able to think and pray and grieve in my own way.



Brad watched the kids, and I left the house. First I decided to go to the kids' consignment store and get a couple pairs of pants for Sara & Emily... Emmy has a few shirts that she needed pants to go with. Sara got some jammies too and I found a Christmas dress for Emmy to go with the one I've had in storage for Sara since last year (yay for after season sales!).



Then, I got a haircut. I got bangs cut, I think I like them. But she cut the rest of it too short. Oh well. it will grow.



Then, I went to Hallmark. Hallmark has always been the place I go when something emotional is going on in my life. I found a card for the baby, and I looked at Willow Tree figurines. I wanted to have something at the house in memory of the baby, but I didn't want something that would make me want to cry every time I looked at it. I decided on this one:






It makes me think of a little one running around heaven, having a blast. And the "hope" is just perfect. Reminds me of the scripture that says I don't have to sorrow as those who have no hope, because of Jesus I have a blessed hope that I will get to see the baby again in heaven!

I took some time to write a letter to the baby in the card I found... I bawled all through it. I know the baby will never read it, but it made me feel better. Maybe sometime I will share what I wrote.

I think I'm going to make a memory box, and put the card in it, and the pregnancy test, and maybe a photo of us now. Anything else I might think of.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Awww, the memory box sounds like a sweet idea. I don't know how you are feeling, but I can imagine how you feel. Hope you cheer up soon.

Netty said...

That is beautiful!

Kasey said...

Wow, that sound beautiful. Continuing to pray for you.

Rebekah Doran said...

That is a neat idea having something in your house to remember this baby by. I think that little figure is just perfect.

Tammy Washburn said...

That is the perfect memory figurine. Luv ya.