Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving!

I'm back! (Maybe with a vengeance... we'll see how long this lasts!)

Thanksgiving was wonderful! It was SO great to have everyone together. We had SUCH a good time visiting and joking around with everyone. Julie did an awesome job cooking (and fretting over) dinner and it was yummy!

Friday night we went over to Krissy & Juan's and she taught me how to make mexican rice, carne asada, and authentic green chile sauce. I know what I'm going to be cooking often now!

It was quite amusing having two pregnant ladies together. "I'm so fat..." "WHATEVER! Look at me! You could fit TWO of you in ONE of me!" :-) (Krissy ended up being ok after all. They told her she will just keep on having contractions until the end, just rest and drink lots).

Elijah is ADORABLE! I will post pictures and video. Juan is really good with Elijah. He loves that kid, that's for sure. Brad enjoyed being an uncle. :-)

And of course it was wonderful hanging out with Mom & Dad Riddell. In the past I've kinda worried about keeping my goofiness toned down some, but not this time (don't you guys feel privelidged?) :-) I wasn't self-conscious at all, and I didn't even realize it until we were driving home. Maybe it's just more of that being "comfortable in my skin," but I really did just be myself without even thinking about it.

No comments: