Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Our Merry Wittle Christmas

At first we weren't going to do anything for Christmas, with the impending birth of the baby any day and us not being able to travel to be with anyone, and no one able to travel here to be with us(gotta save up travel time for the birth of the baby!). But we couldn't just be all by ourselves and not do ANYthing on Christmas, that's just depressing. So we decided to make dinner, though I didn't go all out like I normally would. But we had all of the important stuff, just not as much of it as I normally would do.


We had turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce and rolls. I made "green stuff," pumpkin roll, and caramel chocolate brownies for dessert. It was yummy!













But then we couldn't just NOT get each other something for Christmas. So Brad got me the "Cherish" preggo Willow Tree figurine I'd been wanting!!! Yay!! He said it was to commemorate our last Christmas without our little girl, or our first Christmas with her, depending on how you look at it. He also said that most girls dread being pregnant and can't wait for it to be over, but I've cherished every minute so it's appropriate for me. :-) He's so sweet.










And the SWEETEST card too!! That was Christmas enough in itself! 'Bout made me cry.





























I got Brad a new watch (which he has desperately needed) and a new wallet.

We weren't going to decorate at all, just more to take down and do with the baby coming, but I woke up Christmas morning and I couldn't just NOT have ANY Christmas decorations.


So I took our big pillar unity candle from our wedding, wrapped it with the one strand of wire greenery garland I had, wrapped that with the one small strand of Christmas lights, and Brad put a yellow wire nut on the top and we taped a star cut from a yellow piece of paper to the wire nut. Of all the Charlie Brown Christmas trees in the world, ours is the Charlie Browniest, but it makes me happy and I giggle every time I look at our "tree". :-)

It was a good Christmas. We watched Christmas specials on youtube all day. I got to talk to MOST of my family but I had to get off the phone because contractions and the baby moving were wearing me out. So I missed Jon, Micah, and Dad. And Josh in Iraq. :-( He comes home in February so we will make up for it then!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that was a special merry wittle Christmas you had and it was special for the two of you because you'll probably never be alone again! So the quiet time together was special. Love the tree!

Anonymous said...

What a cute tree ! Next Christmas will be even more special ! It only gets better from here baby girl !

Anonymous said...

ya'll better be at church. i have something for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Not to be a downer here...but THANK YOU for posting:) I am glad you had a good Christmas!!! I was hoping for a little noel by now :p (yes I really want that name!) lol But I guess she didn't want that name.


did you hear??? I got a sewing machine???