Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sooner Than We Expected!!

Went to the doctor today for another ultrasound. She is still breech and the doctor really doesn't think she is going to turn at this point. There is a chance of course, but we could only wait one more week before we do a c-section anyway, and I could go into spontaneous labor before then and have to do a c-section... So, we decided that since Brad has a three-day weekend this weekend, we would like to do this on Friday, that way Brad misses less work, is able to spend more time with the baby and I while I recover (at least get started recovering), and just less stress on him and me. I'd rather do a c-section this way if I'm going to have one at all. So the doctor said ok, and called to check the OR schedule. Turns out that they are booked solid Friday, and they have an opening tomorrow, Thursday, at noon, otherwise we can't schedule into the OR until next Friday.

SO..... We are having this baby at noon tomorrow!! Well, noon today now. I have to be at the hospital at 10 am. I got about 3 hrs sleep and woke up wired. I have tons to do and no time to do it in! Oh well.

Our poor parents... everyone is rushing out the door ASAP with an 8 hr drive ahead of them... Mom, Dad, Matthew, Bekah, and Isaiah left at midnight, and Jeff & Julie are going to try to leave at 4 am. PLEASE pray that nothing delays either of them and no one will miss anything.

I can hardly believe that I will only be pregnant for a few more hours. That's kind of sad, because I really have enjoyed being pregnant. But soon I will get to meet my little girl face to face. I can't wait to share that moment with Brad. I'm so glad for epidurals that I don't have to be knocked out cold for this! I can't wait to see Brad holding his daughter. A little bit of me and and a little bit of him and a whole lot of love, all wrapped up in a little bundle sent to us from Jesus.

The ultrasound lady today said that she has a lot of hair. I can't wait to find out if it's dark or blonde!

We have an official name now... but I will wait and let Brad reveal that when he makes the birth announcement. :-)

So please be praying for all of us tomorrow. Most importantly the baby and I need the surgery to go smoothly and everyone come away healthy. Brad needs strength to be able to go through this with me (he'll do great, I know!), and our families need to be there and not stressed out in the process.

My family is having van problems and need God to keep it running so they can get here and back! Julie is not feeling well and needs God to touch her body so that she can have a good trip and feel good while she's here.

I'll be in the hospital until Sunday.

Only 8 more hours and 8 minutes!!!! Sorry little ticker, you're being overridden? overrode? Whatever. :-)

The next thing you'll see here is baby pictures! YAY!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

*super excited*

wish i could be there!

Anonymous said...

Aww! We are praying for you all!!!
Sis. B

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I am praying!

Anonymous said...

She popped out. :) I will let them share her name. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you- at noon I thought about you but then realized that it was actually 3pm and your sweet little girl had already graced the world.

Looking forward to pictures of your little angel

praying for all 3 of you

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Little Mama, I can't wait to see ya'll!!

~AKCameraGuy~

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.... I didn't comment, Well Congrates I sure she's a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

Rachael

Congratulations on your new baby girl. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her.

Anonymous said...

Your baby girl is sooo sweet! And I have not seen a cutter new dad since Bryon. Brad is just beaming from head to toe! I am so happy for you guys!