Saturday, January 7, 2006

Pray for Private Joshua Cook

Everyone, please pray for my brother Joshua. He just found out yesterday that he is being sent to Iraq a week from Wednesday. I hadn't posted about it yet, was waiting to tell the story, but he got engaged to his girlfriend, Heather, on Christmas Day. She's a sweetheart and I feel really good about their marriage. Well, upon hearing the news they went and got their marriage licence. They will be wed Monday morning at the court house. Tuesday he goes to Little Rock for processing, then back home Wednesday until the next Wednesday, when he'll be sent to Fort Dix, New Jersey. I don't know how long they will keep him there before he's shipped to Iraq.

It's just so much in a short amount of time. Please pray for their marriage as they will be apart for 18 months. Hard for anyone. Pray for his safety. I know that it's just as easy for Jesus to take care of Josh over there as it is for Him to take care of Josh over here. I'm trusting in that.

Pray for my Mama. She's really tore up about this. And pray for me. I can't go to the wedding and it's killing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww.... why can't ya go? Lance paid for us to go see Erika and his wedding, or else I wouldn't have been able to go. That is hard.

Nice look on the blog today! :)