Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday Happenings

It was a good day. Except for a few things.

I couldn't get Brad out of bed this morning for church! He couldn't sleep last night for anything so it's not his fault.

It was a good service this morning! Though the kids were a bit rowdy in Sunday School. We were doing ok until about 4 of them had to go to the bathroom. For real. Usually one child says something and then they ALL have to go. I've discovered the persistent ones really do have to go. So Jacob took Tyler with him and I took Allie and Abby. We were okay until I hear a yell from the classroom... so I run across the hall tell themm to settle down... while Sis. Leslie is in the bathroom helping Abby. Sis. Leslie says, "Do you need a helper for your class?" LOL! Usually we're fine but moments like that it would be nice. But I think I'd feel kind of self-conscious with another person in there. I can be goofy with the kids. And there's so many people at Antioch who have been in children's ministry for years... I guess I just feel kind of unqualified sometimes compared to other people. But I love those kids and I love teaching them! Well, God knows. I'll just pray and trust.

Allie had a paper in her purse on which she had written, "I LIVE IN FUNCKYTOWN" LOL LOL I like her spelling of Funky Town! It was so cute. I get insight into Wendy through her kids. :-)

I stopped at KFC and picked up Brad and we had a picnic at the park and walked a couple miles. It was a bit windy but too pretty a day to stay inside!

And then this afternoon I had a BAD headache. Been getting them a lot lately. I think I need to get my eyes checked.

So I didn't go to church this evening. Took a nap instead. I don't like to miss but I really was hurting. At least I had a reporter there!

Guess I'm heading to bed now since Brad is throwing a fit. :-)

I owe Heather a long e-mail. She wrote again. Josh gets to come home on leave around the first of March, and she says she'll come kidnap me if she has to so I can be there. Isn't that sweet? She says I'm nifty. :-)

Love to All, and to All a Good Night

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many people at Antioch who have been in children's ministry for years... I guess I just feel kind of unqualified sometimes compared to other people. Rach...being the oldest of 7..I'd say you are more than qualified ! I should know!!
Hope you feel better baby girl

Anonymous said...

Don't let Allie reflect on me! She is probably the bathroom problem. I will make her go before S.S. from now on. She always brings it up at dinner in a restuarant and then everyone is reminded that there is a reason to get up. It is annoying. I will fix that. :)
I think she had Qtips in her purse as well. :P No telling with Allie. She is our sneaky child. Just ask my momma. She got that purse for her birthday and went scurrying through the house looking for stuff to put in there. If you ever see Toilet paper in there DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! hahahahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, Allie hardly EVER says she has to go during Sunday School, so don't worry about that. :-)

You mean you don't live in "Funckytown"? :-)

LOL I knew not to touch Allie's toilet paper! Haven't seen any yet but when you're in Sunday School one morning and you hear me have a laughing fit, you'll know what's been discovered. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Mama, thanks for the encouragement. Though you have to remember that it's been 4 years since Isaiah was 4, and not all six other siblings were 4 at the same time!

Anonymous said...

well..not all were 4 at the same time but....you have had 19 years of being the oldest living with 6 siblings. Hmmmm was it 19 years? Ok..19 years give or take a few months or so.

Anonymous said...

Lol that funny Rach.Allie reminds me of my Cousin Greg's kid.Shes like 4 years old.And sooo funny and cute.Shes a Little Princess.With the tiara and dress to prove it!!!lol.Shes like Allie in that she'll sneak into a closet or something and like put on her mom's make up or something and come out and say "look mommy,I'm a Princess!!"lol.Shes real sneaky hehe.Ah stole my watch she did.lol.

Anonymous said...

allie has a mind of her own, that's what makes her different from other kids and what makes her stand out as being so cute. She is truly miss independent (kelly clarkson song). I am so glad I have gotten to know (somewhat) the page children they are all so unique and different in there mannerisms.