Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Things to Remember - Always

Things I want to remember about Josh & Heather's wedding day.

Mama saying things out of the blue on the way to the church. Like, "There's a squirrel! Remember when Josh used to say 'Gweel squeal'? (girl squirrel)"

The look that Josh had watching Heather go into the church as he slowly walked up the church steps. The look that said, "Here it is, the most important day of my life. We're really gonna do it. Man, I love that girl." The look that told me he was savoring every moment. Don't think anyone saw that look but me.

How the preacher said something to the effect of, "Marriage is forever and sacred in the eyes of God. With that in mind, do you still want to do this?" And they said, "Yeah."

Feeling like I was in the way while taking pictures, because that means I was THERE.

Mama and Heather's grandma brainstorming together afterwards about what to do next that would be special. "No, we CAN'T go to McDonald's!"

Mama calling Shoney's to let them know we have 25 people coming, and reserving the room for "Josh & Heather Cook" with no hesitation at all.


Family togetherness at Shoney's.

Heather going, "Oooh, shrimp!"

Heather's Dad telling embarrassing stories and Heather apologizing. So sweet! Didn't offend us, we just felt bad for her!

The adorable shy embarrassed look Josh had when his new father-in-law asked him when he could expect grandchildren.


Sitting in the living room on the couch across from the newlyweds. Josh doing his Josh things(making little noises, doing drum beats on stuff, etc.) and seeing Heather watch him when he didn't know it. You could just tell that every little thing that adds up to his "Josh-ness," she was noticing and she'd just get a look that said,"I'm gonna miss that when he's gone."

Heather telling Mama that once they get through the next couple years, everything will be ok.

A tear running down Heather's cheek as she watches Josh when he doesn't know it.

Josh looking over at Heather with "that look." Not the, "you belong to me now" look, but a true "I love you" look. I've never seen that look on him before.


My little brother is someone's husband now. I'm so glad that someone is Heather. I'm looking forward to getting to know her. I know she's precious. They both deserve all the happiness in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry.

Don't worry, though, they are happy tears.

When two people are truely in love, the whole world will know.

I will be praying for them both.

Alaways.

Meg

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine if that was Damon and me. Wow. It will be tough, God may use it to win them...who knows. He does. Love is a fire, that you have to feed or it will die. I happen to like feeding my fire :P