Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another Ultrasound

I know it seems silly to blog about the whole tire fiasco before I blog about the baby, but once I got started on that story, I just had to finish.

I had another ultrasound last Thursday, at my doctor's Hermitage office this time. Everything is looking good! I asked the technician WHY did the fancy schmancy diagnostic imaging guy say there was only 50% as much fluid as there needs to be, but Dr. Deppen said that it's just on the low side of normal? She said that the dude has a reputation for having extremely high expectations for fluid levels and he freaks out over that frequently. They are used to that. So the nice ultrasound lady said there is still less fluid than they would like, but it has increased since the last ultrasound, and everything is looking good! Baby girl has caught up in size too, since then. She weighs a whole 1 lb. 3 oz!!!

It was so adorable this time, she kept on opening and closing her mouth. And THEN she got hiccups! We were watching her from the side and her little mouth would open and her tummy would jiggle with her hiccups! It was so cute! Poor thing, but it was so adorable!

I have another doctor's appointment on Monday. The ultrasound lady said that Dr. Deppen will probably want to do another ultrasound later on, just to keep tabs on the fluid and make sure it's still increasing. It's so nice to know that everything is ok and my baby is doing well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww - great to hear!

Anonymous said...

And... wait until you can feel those hiccups it is tooooooo cool!

Anonymous said...

Just be careful with lots of ultrasounds. You need to read up on that and weigh the possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you are right Wendy. Technology is such that you don't have to be so worried anymore (my parents were offered a FREE one with me, and refused because it was such a new thing), but I still need to look into the effects of repeated ultrasounds. If the risk has passed I guess there's no need, but it's always good to be informed. Just in case.

I can't wait for hiccups! She has been kicking me HARD & LOW all day!

Anonymous said...

Feeling hiccups is cool! You will think your baby has rhythm.

Anonymous said...

When Krissy was having ultrasounds every week for the last four months of the pregnancy (after like five up to that point), they told her that they would not do that unless they felt the baby was threatened, which he was with the lung cyst. If they had seen certain signs of heart failure, they would have taken him right away. But I don't know how many is supposed to be "safe". So read up like Wendy says.