Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Latest Doc Appointment

Hey y'all! We were in bed by 8 pm last night so I'm feeling better. Though I still did NOT want to get up this morning when Brad was getting ready for work. I was a bit grumpy. Brad just laughed at me and kissed me goodbye and told me to go back to bed. :-) So I did, but not for very long. Oh well. I felt better today but this afternoon I have felt kinda yucky in my tummy. Don't know what's up with that, but it's getting better now.

I'm waiting on Brad to get home from work. We're having Mexican Soft Taco Bake tonight. Good old Taco Bell boxed fix-a-meals. Ha ha!

The doctor's appointment yesterday went well. My blood pressure was higher than it has been due to my sleep deprivation yesterday I'm sure, but it was still good. I'm measuring a couple weeks small, but as Nurse Jamie said, "Some people just don't have big honkin' babies, that's all!" She is a sweetheart. :-)

Dr. Deppen was thoroughly exasperated at the radiologist for getting in such a tizzy over my amniotic fluid level. She said that up until the 19th week there are very specific numbers that they look for when measuring the fluid levels, but after that, it varies so much that there is a very wide range. I am just on the low side of normal, AND it has increased between ultrasounds, so she said there is nothing to worry about. She does want to do another one in a month just to make sure that it hasn't dipped below the normal zone. Otherwise, everything is looking great! OH, and the baby was close enough to the surface that when the nurse used the doppler, we could actually hear the "bump, bump" of her heartbeat instead of the usual "whoosh, whoosh" echo of her heartbeat. It was so neat! And it gets stronger everytime. It was so cool.

Last night she was kicking in bed, and Brad laid his hand on my tummy. She kicked him HARD, and it felt like a whole foot! It was so cute! It's so neat now that he can feel her too now. She moves more when he talks to her. I think she really knows his voice as opposed to mine.

I must finish dinner. Brad is late but he SHOULD be here any minute! Hopefully!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh! He went to work in Smyrna afterwards. He won't be home until 7:15 probably. Blonde moment! Hope Taco Bake is good when microwaved...

Anonymous said...

BLONDE!? So that talk about hair color did nothing!!!! J.C. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I tell everyone that the hair color is natural, but the brain is blonde. L'Oreal had nothing to do with it! :-p :-D

Anonymous said...

we need an address still! send it to kokapellie@gmail.com (jaci) or vacuousplentitude@gmail.com (jon)

Anonymous said...

That is one of the funnest parts about being preganet-feeling the baby move and having it kick Daddy! :)