Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Our Assembly Weekend

Back to blogging now. I'm such a slacker!

We had such a good time in Chattanooga. Our church convention (General Assembly) was awesome. There was a pretty big decision to be made and although there was some confusion at first, in the end, God took control and cleared the confusion. We're headed on the right road!

It was so good to see some of our good friends there. The Strongs, the Lamms, the Hills, the Mountain View gang, and so many others. I got to meet the Adams' and Mandie, though briefly. Although there wasn't a lot of time for visiting, but we had already decided that this Assembly was more to us that a big social event anway. We also had a good time seeing Brad's parents. We hadn't seen Julie since Thanksgiving, so visiting in person with her was a long awaited treat! I'm blessed to have in-laws who love me. :-)

We ended up camping for our stay there! It was only $15 dollars a night, and I thought I could handle 3 nights in a tent. It was a good campground, Racoon Mountain and I did okay in the tent. If I was further along than I am I couldn't have done it though. They have cute little air-conditioned cabins too for $25-35 a night so I think I want to do that next year. It was more convenient to downtown than any one else's hotel! Except for Brad's parents, they stayed at the same exit as us, and they were kind enough to let us shower in their room when we woke up late and the camp people were already cleaning the showers (at 8:30 am!!). At any rate, I told Brad that camping out would make us feel closer to the people who attended Assemblies past, in the early 1900's!

We had a good time out late with Isaiah Peter at IHOP on Saturday night. I was SOOOO tired so of course I was talking absolutely out of my head. Isaiah was so kind to put up with me! Bro. Jason Mullins was sitting behind us with his crew so I hope we didn't disturb them too much with our ruckus!

Sunday after the Assembly adjourned we went out to eat with the Hills and the Lamms. After about 30 minutes of deliberation of where we were going to eat, Bro. Mark decided he wanted a pizza joint, and they only one we knew of was a little place Brad & I had driven by on the way to IHOP the night before. So we went there and it was pretty good ( I was worried it would be horrid since we'd never ate there and I had suggested it!). They ended up being a Pizza/Sub/Cheesesteak/Hot Wing place. Yummy! We had a good time with them and all their kids. The Lamm boys still remember when we stayed the weekend with them and I thoroughly amused them by calling pajamas "jammies". They are cuties!

Afterwards, we went with the Hills to hang out with them for awhile at their hotel room. I'll let Brad share the pictures of that. And I used to think they were quiet people! Yeah right! Ha ha! We had a blast with them and the boys. We've asked Joe & Karen to be the godparents, though I still think that's a funny name! We'll have to come up with something different. :-) You hate to think of something happening to us but it's worse to think of what would happen to our baby if we weren't prepared. I trust the Hills to raise our little girl like we would. There were others we could have picked, but we felt like while the others would do a good job, our baby would have been more of a burden to the others we considered. If that makes any sense. But we felt like they were the ones that God wanted us to ask, so I'm glad we did. :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you did for real Godparents. hmmm... never done that before. Will all your children be with the same people? Do they know you could have boo coo's of kids? LOL!

I try not to think about it personally.

My kids have Godparents. I prefer Spiritual Parents or Godly Parents. They are just to pray over and watch after their spiritual well being though. I have regretted a few choices in the past. Especially here recently. :O

Caetie's- Tammy and Steve Fox
Toby- Alex and Eva Jackson
Allie- Stephen and Vicki Smith
Silas- James and Diane Nabors
GG- We quit picking
Ben- thought about it and decided against again.

GG was still dedicated. I need to have Ben dedicated though. :/ MAN! How could I forget that???

Anonymous said...

BTW... me and Erika had real Godparents too. Jacinda and Kevin would have got us if our parents killed over. :P We had to do paperwork at the bank over that one. It was fo real legal. Did you do that? Or is it assumed?

Anonymous said...

I still can't get over that you did that for real. We have thought about it but I was TOO afraid my family would get MAD if we picked someone that wasn't family. My kids would be weirded out too. I am afraid my family will split my kids up. Maw Maw said she would take them all but I don't really like that idea.

Hey Rach.. you want my 6 kids if I die? LOL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Let me say also... YOU ARE CRAZY FOR SLEEPING IN A TENT PREGNANT!!!

Anonymous said...

HEY! You didn't talk about how your awesome friend Erika gave you baby clothes for your unborn daughter and how totally wonderful they are.

Anonymous said...

mom wants to know what colors you guys are going to have in the baby's room...she wants to make a blanket :D

Jaci

Anonymous said...

Hey Erika....THANK YOU for doing that for my grandbaby! I sure do appreciate it. Brad and Rach were extremely excited about it. It sounds like the kid will be better dressed than the rest of us! God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

hahaha - you're welcome Sis. Riddell! I'm glad they liked them.

Anonymous said...

Erika, you silly goon! Anyone that thinks I may be unappreciative of Erika's WONDERFUL gift can go read the comments on HER blog. LOL

I'm sure I'll have many more opportunities to thank you in the future, as I'm sure I'll have TONS of pictures posted here of my little girl modeling every piece! (Except for maybe the halter top... LOL!) :-)