Friday, September 29, 2006

Overdue

Well I've had fifteen million exciting things to blog about but right now my hands are tied!!! So... I guess I will just wait on that a bit longer. Just help me pray about some VERY IMPORTANT things that may happen!

In other news... yesterday Rose & Becky abducted me and took me to the new Joann's in Mt. Juliet. I didn't even know they were open yet, but they've been open since July! If I had known that I would have been there a LOT sooner!! They have a 50% off coupon thing online that is good until Sunday so I may go and get some material for a jumper later this weekend. I have GOT to get started on that because nothing is fitting. I have some maternity shirts but my one skirt that fits me is WORN OUT so I've gotta do something else. I'm debating whether or not to make a jean skirt or get a big cheaper non-maternity one and put a stretch panel in it if need be later on. Regular maternity skirts are outrageously priced. OH well.

Anyhow, I had a good time with Becky & Rose. It was SO NICE to get out of the house, I was having a cabin fever kind of day. They took me out to Pizza Hut and I thoroughly stuffed myself. It was SOOO yummy! It's funny though, I hardly ever do that anymore. For the longest time early in this pregnancy I couldn't eat much at one sitting at all, but I'd eat more often. Now I'm eating larger portions, but still not like I used to. That's a good thing, though I never really did eat large portions on a regular basis. But now, whenever I DO happen to stuff myself, it feels so weird in there! My stomach is expanded and squishing everything else that is already being squished, and nothing in there knows exactly where it's supposed to go! It's quite amusing!

Then we stopped by Kroger and I got some soup for Brad and some country ham hock slices to cook with navy beans... since it's getting colder I suddenly had the urge to make a crockpot of beans. And they just don't taste right unless cooked with ham or bacon. So yeah. Rose got me a butterfinger! Yay! I was way too stuffed to enjoy it at the time but now I'm enjoying my chocolate fix quite nicely, thank you Rose! :-)

Fall is here!!!!! I am so thrilled. I actually turned off the air conditioner yesterday and I doubt I will need to turn it back on! It is 47 degrees outside and I am wearing long sleeves, flannel jammie pants, and warm fuzzy socks (only like the 3rd time I've worn socks so far! Bye bye flip flops!). This morning I actually had a hot cup of (sugar-free decaf) International House of Coffee French Vanilla Mocha. Yumm! Time to get my hot teas out too!

I absolutely ADORE this time of year. It's pretty much the only time I enjoy being outside. I like winter but you can only endure so much time outside in it. Fall is my outdoor weather, Winter is my bundle-up-on-the-couch-with-my-sweetie-with-hot-chocolate and wish-we-had-a-fireplace time. Both seasons have definite good points.

I am excited about the youth work at church this year! I'm going to miss Sis. Kim being our leader, but she will still be there to support us I know because its in her heart to do so. I think that the Donnafields are going to do a GREAT job! Plus we are going to start having VLB (Victory Leaders Band, the name of our youth group) night EVERY Wednesday! Yay!!! I am so thrilled, and I think that everyone is much more likely to get involved that way. I can't wait to see what's gonna happen this year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have cool weather again? but that also means it's rainy season, and you know what that means out here....yikes! Hopefully Chris and I will get our own place in town before too long...He is stuck on that $500 a month 3bdr trailer in the trailer park where his mom lives *rolls eyes* I'm trying to find something closer to ya'll, LOL, I don't wanna see my mother-in-law on a regular basis, but I'd sure like being able to spend more time with you! lol!

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying the cooler weather here too. We haven't had to use our A.C. for a few weeks now. Although we didn't take them out until last week.

Your outing sounded fun and enjoyable. It's nice when someone makes you get out of the house. :) Pizza Hut YUM!