Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's the Most Maternity Time of the Year...

Blogger was down yesterday RIGHT at the exact time that I wanted to/had time to blog. So this news is not brand-new anymore, but I am still SUPER excited about it!!!

My box from Sis. Rebekah D. arrived yesterday!!!!!!

Ooodles and oodles of wonderful maternity shirts! They all fit but one!

I did not know how uncomfy I have been until trying these shirts on. Now I feel great because I'm comfortable, and they are so pretty. I have a feeling that once this pregnancy is over, I am going to miss my maternity clothes, because I don't have as much nice non-maternity things!

AND extra baby things too that I was not expecting! Onesies, t-shirts, blankets, and a baby carrier too!

Sis. Rebekah, I do believe that right now there is a halo over your head. Thanks for making my day, week... well, the rest of my pregnancy! :-)

I've ALMOST finished my jumper today too. It looks CUTE!!! I never pre-wash my material, I guess because I'm a weirdo, but all that is left is to sew around the edges of the armholes and neckline so that the facing will stay down, and hem it, so I started it washing before I do that so that I'll have an accurate hemline. Right now the edge sweeps the floor, but I like it long, so I'll keep it at my ankles. I think I'm going to add cargo pockets to the sides because I LOVE pockets, and I'm contemplating adding some black velvety narrow ribbon to the neckline for interest. I will be sure to post pictures once it is all finished.

Your apron is next Kasey, don't worry! That's next weeks project for sure. It'll be a cinch after this jumper. I completely forgot how to turn the drawstring right side out. It took me forever, and then when the light bulb FINALLY came on and I remembered how to do it the easy way, I had already worked on it the hard way for so long my fingertips were getting numb. Oh well! But I'm pleased with the results. I haven't sewn anything for my self since Christmas two years ago, when my Lil' Sis and I sewed pajama pants together. Before that, the last thing I'd sewn for myself was when I was 14. I made coordinating jumpers for Bekah, Mama, and I. So it's been a while!!!

OH! And I found a jean maternity skirt on ebay! It is a straight style skirt ( I really like A-line the best, Sis. Rebekah) but I think it will be big enough to not be too tight in the back. It has a split in the back, but I've repaired that problem before with an insert of stretch denim, so that won't be a problem. And the best part? I won it with 17 seconds to spare, for $2.51! Yay!!!

So this has been a very maternity day. A good day. :-)

Pray all goes well with the diabetes clinic tomorrow. They will be teaching me how to check my blood sugar. Maybe it's a good thing my fingertips are numb, huh?

Oh, and before I forget...

FREE Building 429 concert at Opry Mills tomorrow night at 7!

Bebo Norman/Aaron Shust/Brandon Heath concert at Lipscomb University Saturday night at 7:30

Anyone wanna come with us?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Aaron Shust. Is it free?

Tell me how you turn a drawstring inside out easy? I always do it the hard way!! I didn't know there was an easy way. :/

Anonymous said...

I wish. The Bebo Norman/Aaron Shust one is $15 a person. We fell in love to Bebo so we have to go. :-)

I was trying to pull the drawstring out a little at a time from one end. What I should have done is attached a safety pin to one end and pushed it up all the way until I could turn it all the way inside out... or right side in I guess. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

you should put the ribbon right under the bust line...right over your belly (empire waist)...it will help accentuate the pregnant-ness, and then after baby, it will hide unwanted baby left overs. ;)

Anonymous said...

i have to work!!! nummer!!!

i'm going to the mac store on sunday. how far is green hills?

Anonymous said...

Oh good! I'm glad that you got it safe and sound! They all fit but one!? That's great! I'm so glad that you found a M. skrit that will work for you too!!! What a great day! *big smile*

Anonymous said...

nummer? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Rach..This is your Mom....I cannot log in with my vikkidreams account since I switched to that STUPID BLOGGER BETA!!!!!Anyway....Matthew said thats it we are moving over there right now!He is so jealous you seeing Building 429!You shoulda heard him LOL

Anonymous said...

glad you got you some cloooooothes. i loved wearing maternity clothes. it's the only time i had an excuse for being huge. haha.

keep in mind that you will always have me with a daughter a little older than yours so i can pass down clothes to her. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey - I think we're due for some more tummy shots! How 'bout modeling those new shirts for us? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey. Haven't seen you around my blog anytime lately. What gives? :P

Come back!!! hehe