Saturday, October 14, 2006

Just Checking In

Sometimes I don't blog because I have so much to say that it kind of overwhelms me so I just don't blog at all. I'm like that with a lot of things. It is what has always kept me from letter writing because I don't know how to write short letters. If I don't have time to write a long letter, I just don't write at all. And I can type so much faster than I write... and this overwhelms me too? Oh, the delicate intricate workings of the mind that is mine... God is the only one that is not confused by my maze of thoughts... including me!

Short news clips...

I went to my very first La Leche League meeting on Friday. I am the only second generation LLLer there! I am proof that it works! I was not sure exactly what to expect but I am very pleased and came away with a wealth of encouragement and good advice in regards to childbirth and other things. I am tickled to death and can't wait until next month's meeting!

Friday night was band meeting (small group meeting for those who aren't familiar with the term) at the Donnafield's... I'm feeling more comfortable in such settings recently. I know I'm weird and it's hard for me to get my thoughts out in words like I want them to come out... I feel much more comfortable talking one-on-one. But I am me and I have been more comfortable with me lately. Brad says he thinks that pregnancy has given me a security I lacked before. Perhaps he is right.

We didn't do the yard sale today. Sigh. We were both so tired. But it was so NICE for us to have a relaxing Saturday morning. We have enjoyed each others' company today SO MUCH... He is still my best friend and I would rather hang out with him than any other I know.

We went and bought a cheap coffemaker at Wally World tonight. With Brad's early mornings he has wanted caffeine on his way out the door. Not the healthiest of routines but I can't blame him... he only drinks half a cup anyway. I had the powdered cappucino mix but ran out... and that stuff isn't the best. So we now have a little 4-cup coffee maker with a timer, so I can prepare it at night and we can wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee... I happen to have Irish Creme grounds in the cabinet so we're off to a good start. But now I will be jealous so I'm going to have to go on a search for yummy flavored decaf grounds. I can make a half pot for him, then another half pot for me afterwards. With the weather turning colder the idea of a cup of coffee in the the mornings sounds inviting, though normally I am not a coffee person. I prefer hot tea. Chai tea is the best stuff this side of the planet, and the other side too apparently because Josh discovered it while in Iraq on a night he was visiting in a home of one of the locals. He loves it!

I've been in a severely crafty mood lately (*rubs hands together*). Ok, not THAT kind of crafty. I knitted two dishcloths, crocheted another, finished a scarf I started last year (wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles), I've started on a fall wreath for the front door... I will post pictures when it's finished because I think it's going to be major cute. Almost finished cutting out a jumper for me... I wanted it finished to wear tomorrow. Once I get it all cut out the sewing is a snap. I'm going to be making a cute retro kitchen apron for Kasey... Will post pictures of that too! I feel WOMANLY again. I always dreamed of being a housewife who cooks all the time, whose house smells of freshly baked bread all the time, decorated with her own handicrafts, wearing clothes she made herself, with well-behaved children all around.... OK, so I know real life is not as glamorous as all that, but I can dream, can't I? At least I am reclaiming a portion of my old dreams. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby girl, I will comment more later but I wanted to comment on" But I am me and I have been more comfortable with me lately. Brad says he thinks that pregnancy has given me a security I lacked before. Perhaps he is right". Makes perfect sense to me...You're complete now.

Love you,
Mama

Anonymous said...

WOW. I'm amazed at how much we have in common! Your first paragraph could have been written by me. In fact, I probably HAVE written it before! MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY. And all of those dreams you mentioned in the last paragraph are my own, too. And then there's the being-a-clutzy-and-forgetful-wife-married-to-a-guy-who-can't-fathom-how-or-why-you-would-"CHOOSE"-to-do-such-things thing... I'll have to be sure and stop by here every now and again since it feels so much like home. ;-)

Anonymous said...

hey sis rach,
give me a ring when you get a chance...
Bro. B

Anonymous said...

I agree with the last part ...I want to be a crafty house wife and stay at home mom. Only Two kids though please! :). But Damon wont let me *sigh*