Monday, October 2, 2006

This is the day that the Lord hath made...

It is after 2 in the morning and I just can't sleep. It could be due to all of the sugar I consumed today, but regardless, I can't sleep. They tell you that when you can't sleep, rather than just lie there forever, get up and do something until you ARE sleepy. It hasn't worked so far. So I'm going to blog a bit.

It was a wonderful Sunday! Brad worked again on Saturday so it makes getting up early on Sunday really hard on both of us, so we didn't make it to Sunday School. It's really a bummer that just as I start feeling fabulously pregnant and can make it to Sunday School, they start this Saturday work thing. We do need the overtime right now though, so it's a blessing. God knows that we do the best we can and so does the church.

Anyway, I helped Sis. Shaw with Children's Church this morning. It was SO MUCH FUN! We are learning about Truth, and she came out of the back in a trenchcoat with a magnifying glass, saying in a funny accent, "Where's the truth?? Are you the truth? Do you have the truth?" With black footprints on the floor to go with the detective theme. It thoroughly amused the kiddos. We basically learned about how God is truth and He will show us the truth if we look for it. So for the next 6 months or so we are all detectives snooping out the truth. It was cute! Sis. Shaw DEFINITELY needs to start a blog so that SHE can tell the whole world about all of this (you lurker, you!)!

She asked me to help again next Sunday, because she wants to use me as much as possible before the baby comes and then I'll have my hands full for awhile! I'm excited because I have really missed being with the kids.

We had a good lunch after church with the youth group for our meeting to kind of kick off the new year. I am SO EXCITED about the coming year. It is going to be FANTASTIC having youth service every Wednesday!!! We're having a yard sale (girls against the boys) at some point this month, which explains why I have been unable to get my own yard sale together. God knew I'd need to contribute all of that junk to the youth yard sale so that the girls can win! Yay!

I started to post about our afternoon with Brandon and Tyler, and just thinking about it made me very tired. Ha! So thanks guys! I'm off to bed now, and I'll finish blogging tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy... this is going to be interesting. Please though Rachel, do you think you MIGHT be able to leave out just a few of the embarrassing moments.;) he he. You can tell about the craft store though. I give you permission. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis. Rachel,

I'm not so sure you will remember me, but I was at the youth retreat that you all had this past January and you came to our ladies retreat last November in Virginia. If that helps. I stumbled upon your blog while looking at Sis. Becky's. I didn't know that you and Brad where expecting. I'm so happy for you!! Anyway, have a good day. May God Bless

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I saw that you commented on my Blog...

I laughed when I read about Sis. Shaw! But that really is a great idea. Thanks! I might use that sometime when I teach Children's Church. ;-)

It sounds like your pregnancy is going well! I'm glad for you!