Monday, February 27, 2006

Feeling...Grey.

Here I am at 12:50 a.m., just now blogging. Church convention was good, but I came away feeling kind of blah (a typical emotion for me lately). I tend to focus lately on NEGATIVE instead of my usual look-on-the-bright-side self. Little things bug me when they shouldn't.

OK, bright side time.

Benjamyn Page is absolutely adorable! I got to hold him. Wow, he's tiny. I haven't seen a newborn in forever. Caetie was walking around holding him and it reminded me so much of when Bekah was born. I was 11.

Bekah and I shared a room and a double bed and when she was little she always wanted to cuddle next to me at bed time and have me tell her about how I prayed for a sister FOREVER and then God gave me her.

I wish I hadn't taken her for granted so much. Oh, to have all those lost moments back.

I know that I talk about this so much. Part of my guilt is that now I am so far away from my siblings, and now that I realize how I could've been a better sister, I'm too far away to do what I want to. The irony is that I probably would never have realized had I NOT moved far away. It stinks.

I guess I need to just give all of this over to Jesus (again).

Good part about today is that I felt pretty while out in public for the first time in... I can't remember when. But at the same time, I obsess about what I WANT to look like and get depressed.

Good grief I need to get a grip and take my own advice (via Chris Rice - see blog title and description).

Bright side time, bright side time...

I'm gonna go pray.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu did look cute yesterday, I was going to tell you just didn't. I don't really know why. ANyway, telling you know! You can wear that kind of stuff! The brown cute sweater, I can't to much rolls around that area!
Don't be sad for yesterday, focus for tomorrow and today will be happy. I want to be with my family too, if that helps any. Least you are equally apart from both sides so it is fair. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

You did look pretty yesterday! You are always cute! I was going to tell you just didn't! I don't really know why I thought you did, something was just different. *shrugs* Anywho... like Kasey... telling you now! :)

Perk up like coffee girl!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hmm...maybe I should be nicer to my sister.....maybe she should be nicer to me....oh well :P.

Anonymous said...

Aww Rachel - you're adorable!!! I didn't get to see you but I'm sure you looked LOVELY.

I wish I could be near my family too. :(

Keep your head up! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. I'm perking up! :-) I really need the encouragement.

And yes, Brandon, you two really should be nice to each other. Because one day you won't be together and you'll really really miss her. Ditto for Meg.

Anonymous said...

hey i love my bro just fine. my bubby. :)

he's the one who's mean to me.

so i just have to love the meaness out of him.

meg

Anonymous said...

Um.. yeah, SURE Megan.

Nice to see you, stranger! :-)