Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Our Valentine's Day

Here I am, a day late, blogging about my Valentine's Day. But you see, I was a tad busy. Lemme tell you about it...

We left work and stopped by Wal-Mart to pick up a couple things, and then went home. I locked myself in the "den" to finish my Romantic Valentine's Music mix, and then Brad shooed me into the bathroom and commanded me to take a hot bubble bath while he made dinner. He had it all planned out.

The bubble bath was AWESOME since I never take the time to do that. Always quick showers before running out the door to work.

When I got out, Brad had everything ready so I hurried and got dressed up a bit, turned on my music mix and we sat down to a lovely candlelight dinner! Brad made meat marinara sauce with angel hair pasta, salad and garlic bread. We drank wonderful sparkling white grape juice from our goblets (WOW is that stuff good!). It was WONDERFUL! Everything was delicious. I was SO proud of him. Brad had gotten me "Happiness Flowers" a little plant of the cutest daisies you ever did see. (When we are having a good time one of us says, "Happiness!" and then the other says, "Happiness!" It's an "us" thing. You wouldn't understand.) Those were on the table and it was SO pretty.

We opened our presents to each other over our dessert: chocolate cheesecake. Mmmm! Yummy!

Brad told me that I couldn't spend much money on him for Valentine's Day because he had already spent a bunch on me. So I was careful but I was very pleased with what I got him. He LOVES things with maps and things like that on them so I found a globe at Romancing the Stone that was HIM (yes I like that store, but no I don't like everything in there, but as long as you don't buy a Buddha you're ok, except for the fact that I come out of there smelling like incense and afraid it's weed scented incense!). It is a clear glass ball with the countries frosted onto it (not lasered) on a stand. I wrote a note on the bag that said, "Baby, You're my World. I love you!" He loved it. He's definitely the kind of guy that 'gets' the heart that you put into a present. I also got him a stuffed monkey that says, "Love Bug". He calls me "Cuddle Bug" so it was close. :-)

And then I opened my present. He had said that he would want to use it too, so I thought that it was probably a massager from Bath & Body Works that we had wanted, and I am thinking, "that booger, to get me something for me that is really for HIM!" But wow did he ever surprise me!

It was an Olympus Stylus Verve 4.0 digital camera!!!!

I was shocked! I have wanted a digital camera for so long! We have been married nearly 3 years and have almost NO pictures. The best years of our lives (supposedly) are flying away and no record of them! I love looking through the pictures of my parents' early years. I want my kids to have that too.

So warning: My blog will most likely be overrun with photos for at least the next week or so.

I will post more things about the day later. I must sleep now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Valentine day sounded great! I'm glad you got a Digital camera. I love to see pictures on blogs. Can't wait to see them on yours.

Rebekah Doran (Za's sister)

Anonymous said...

Rach this sounds so awesome ! Tell Brad I think he did a wonderful job! I want LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS ON YOUR BLOG AND IN MY EMAIL ! ;-)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ok..it's been at least 5 minutes since I last posted. WHERE ARE MY PICTURES???? LOL

Anonymous said...

Kewl! Olympus' are great cameras. I have one... never had a problem!

BTW stock up on batteries! :P Don't go cheap either. Duracell all the way. They last longer.

Anonymous said...

Get rechargeable batteries. They aren't to expensive for the good brands. I just like rechargeables cus you don't have to throw them away and feel like your money just went down the drain!

Can you please have brad talk to Damon and rub some of that natural romanticism off on Damon! Damon has done two GREAT things in our courting and marriage. It was a while ago, and it's time for another round of Damon king of romatics! :P

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet:) Wish I could come up with cute ideas like that :D

Anonymous said...

Well also rechargeable batteries last longer too.Megan uses them for her camera and everything else :D.Just get a couple of sets of a good brand and a nice little charger and you'll be fine .

Man sounds like you had a great night.Never had brad picked like that but I guess everyone has a little romance in them.(except for damon ;) lol jk)See ya later rach

Anonymous said...

rach, i love your holiday backgrounds. i love your pooh quote. i love it that we can keep in touch via the blogs. i love it that you have a digital camera & will be able to post your pix. i look forward to reading and seeing more!

p.s. and even though i'm still single, i can honestly say that i'm glad you had a lovely love day! sounds like yours was extra special and totally sweet. awww...

Anonymous said...

Rach, I have bought two sets of rechargeables for my digital. They are without a doubt the way to go. BUT your brother Micah has...how do I say it...LOST BOTH SETS !UGH!
BTW Still waiting on the pics ;-)

Anonymous said...

Very cool Valentine's Day gift. ALMOST as good as mine. ;0)

Anonymous said...

In my understanding of the Christian Faith, it is not compatible with belief in Buddhism. However, the key teachings of Buddhism do coalesce with those of Christianity. Ideas the two faiths or systems hold in common are selflessness, helping others, and the reduction or destruction of physical desires in favor of spiritual goals.

On another note, it sounds like your Valentine's Day was a good one. It's always nice to see evidence of a strong romance between a husband and wife. The best to you two. Will you be posting pics of your kids soon? To reiterate what your other commenters have said, rechargeable batteries are a must.