Friday, February 24, 2006

Kinda Blah but Glad to be Alive

I woke up this morning to Brad kissing me and announcing, "This is your captain speaking, I've lit the "Get Up" sign, so feel free to get up and move about your life." That's my husband. :-) Wish he would always wake me up so pleasantly!

On the way home from work today, I was thinking about the evening radio show on WAY FM with Jayar (yes, that's how it's spelled). He has this thing he does where he has people call in and tell the craziest thing they've seen that day. So I was thinking about how we NEVER see anything crazy, and probably won't ever. And JUST THEN we are looking ahead and from over the next hill next to the road, there is an explosion!!! Debris and grey dust in a great big billow! It was a construction site that was thankfully far enough from the road as to not cause problems, but we were angled just right on the road so as to have a good view. Talk about timing! So I maybe wouldn't call it CRAZY crazy, but definitely the most interesting thing to happen in a bit. :-)

We have to work tomorrow, thanks to the powers that be in control of our paychecks. HOPEFULLY we will get out in time for our church district convention that starts at one tomorrow afternoon. Teresa told me she wants to come with us Sunday! I'm so glad. I want to help people, but you can't beat them over the head.

I want to take pictures SOOO bad but when we are at work all the time, I can't take pictures! I could take pictures in the evenings at home but the house is a mess (still). I had hoped to have some time to do stuff in the morning before convention... Oh well. Things will get better, one way or another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, where do you work? I don't think I know. Or maybe you told me & I forgot?