Sunday, February 19, 2006

Surprise!

It has been a great weekend! I spent Friday night and most of the day Saturday at my friends'/coworkers' house. Rose is a bit younger than my Mama and Becky, her daughter, is 18. Both of them work with Megan & I. We are getting to be good friends, so they asked me over (Becky and her husband Chris live with Rose).

But this was no ordinary get-together. We had a very important reason to get together. What was it, you ask?

Well, I'll just let Becky & Chris tell you...

"No! Don't tell them! Well... ok. I guess you can tell them."

"We, um, well... We're gonna be a Mommy and Daddy!"

"I love her. She's the Mommy of my baby."

Isn't that so exciting!!!! Becky wanted me to be there when she did the pregnancy test Saturday morning, for moral support. So I could either be happy with her if she was, or let her cry on my shoulder if she wasn't. So that's why I spent the night. I was SOOO honored and touched that she'd ask ME to be there! It was a VERY special moment. They are both so excited, and Rose gets be a grandma! Yay!!!

I went to Wal-Mart right away and got onesies and wittle bitty baby socks.

Babies are so much fun, aren't they?

Only 8 1/2 months to go.... :-)