Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What's up with this weather?

It's been a weird day. I'm up, then I'm down, I'm up, then I'm down. But I guess all in all the good has outweighed the bad today. It must be the weather. "Lately the weather has been so bipolar and consequently so have I".

Okay, the bad first.

Cute girls make me feel bad. It's nothing against them, I just can't help comparing myself and I feel stupid. I need to lose weight and get over it. But then I'll make other people feel bad. Oh well.

I don't like it when people point out obvious stuff to me like I don't know what I'm doing. And they do it in a tone of voice that makes me feel inferior. I know this is easy to do partly because of my known and acknowledged lack of self-esteem (partly, in certain areas, and at certain times). But it is not all my fault. And maybe people don't even realizing they are doing it, but HELLO I've worked there since August. Don't treat me like a new comer.

Okay. Rant over. I feel better now.

Good stuff time!

Kasey & I are getting together this weekend!!!

I am slow to make friends. I am an outgoing person, but I am shy at the same time, depending on the situation. All of the personality tests I've ever taken have told me that I have so many different traits from every personality out there that I must be either a people-pleaser or schizophrenic! :-) And trust me, I am neither! I just have a very multi-faceted personality. In some situations, I am reserved, in some situations, I am wild and crazy.

I don't like to push myself on people. I am the kind of person who will sit in the back waiting for someone to talk to me. However, let me get with a shy person, and I will be extremely outgoing and friendly because I know what that is like. I know that to have friends I should show myself friendly, and I think I do. But I don't invite people over to my house because I am not proud of it. I know that we are newly married and everything, but I am a terrible housekeeper and everything is so plain and non-well decorated. Again, inferiority complex. It's not so much what people would think, it's mostly me, but I want people to be comfortable in my house. It was nice when Bro. Brian & Bro. B.J. came over that one time for dinner. He's so sweet and let us know that it's a person's spirit that matters, not the fanciness of their house (Thank you Lord, for reminding me of that just now. I needed that).

Anyhow, it's hard to put into words what I'm feeling. Good grief, this was supposed to be the good stuff part! Told you I'm being bipolar. :-) Anyways, I'm looking forward to spending time with Kasey. I'm in very bad need of some good fellowship.


Pray for my friend from work. She came to church with us Sunday, and while she wasn't delivered, she is looking the right direction. And to anyone who was there Sunday, please just pray for her. Until you are in a person's shoes, you really don't know what they are going through. And no one wants people who don't know their situation to jump to conclusions, right? She is a sweetheart and I know that soon she will experience the total freedom and deliverance that only Jesus can give.


Are you happy now Kasey, now that I've blogged a whole book? :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so much alike it is scarey. Even down to the Bi-polar comments and our personality. Our homes... gyah! Our self esteem.... are you me? Are we, we? LOL!!! Can I come with you and Kasey? We need a young wives club. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wendy you are more than welcome to come!! We are actually spending the night at my house and damon is going to brads! Leave the kids with Danny and bring bennie! :P

Anonymous said...

Let me talk to Danny. I might just come hang out. Not spend the whole night. He'd have the kids at church with Bushy hair and PJ's! :P

What time will you be home?

Anonymous said...

We're gonna have a party, we're gonna have a party, we're gonna have a party, wonder what I should bring?

Anonymous said...

ummm......I am spending the night with morgan and i gotta get pets to vet by 10:00, vet in mt juliet....thinking of going from there to rachels. Wanna start the fun as early as possible!

Anonymous said...

RACHEL ARE YOU HOME?!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I took a much needed day off. Didn't feel great physically or emotionally. I'm better now.

Anonymous said...

MUST BE NICE! grrrr

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Rachel, I hope you never forget that you are never alone. God is always with each of us. We are all beautiful in his eyes, that means you too. I also think of you as a beautiful person. You step out of your way to help others and make sacrifices sometimes to do so. God loves that and smiles down on you much. I pray that I can be so giving. I feel a calling and I have you to thank for bringing me back to my senses and back to God. I will not turn my back on him again. Have a great weekend. See ya Sunday! Love ya girl :).