Monday, March 27, 2006

Check my neck... Is it gone yet?

Yup, Kasey beat me to telling about our girls-day-out-turned-redneck-4 wheelin' - weekend. And no Kasey, you got me HUMMING Redneck Woman, not SINGING it. You heathen to get Gretchen Wilson stuck in my head! Blech!

It was so much fun! I don't think I've ever screamed that much in my life, except for maybe when we rode Thunderation 4 times in a row at Silver Dollar City in Branson. I was squealing and screaming up a storm. I'm just glad that Dave is good-natured to listen to me in the back seat all night. He seemed highly amused at me.

Mud is more fun! I wouldn't have liked it had it been wetter and therefore sliding around more, I HATE fishtailing, but turning doughnuts in the mud was THE BEST (and I'm so proud of you Kasey, you've finally learned to proper term!)!!!!

And I need to clarify some of Kasey's comments so as to not frighten anyone. We were back into a dump site, refridgerators and couches everywhere. Well, on one side of it was an old graveyard that apparently they just dug around so as to not tamper with it. But there was a really shiny urn sitting on top of something, and it looked like it was a table. It scared us. It turned out to just be a large headstone, but I was just thanking Jesus that He is on my side and I don't have to be afraid of anything the devil does.

And the pistol... it wasn't a big deal. He's a redneck, remember how everyone has gun racks in Arkansas, Mama? Anyhow, I just don't want anyone to be afraid for me, because I know how someone can IMAGINE something was can be a lot worse than it actually was. Anywho.

While I did enjoy it, I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. I won't do it again, because I did feel like I was putting my life into someone else's hands. I feel scared when anyone else is in the driver's seat besides me, most of the time. And that's just driving down the street, how much more while driving over trees and spinning in mud?

It will be a once in a lifetime experience that I will always remember. You really should have seen me hopping up on top of the luggage rack of that Jimmy and sliding down the windshield! I've always said I'd like to experience culture... never thought I'd be smack dab in the middle of redneck culture (what an oxymoron! but enough about dumb guys cleaning their face...)!

I was raised in Arkansas, and up until now, I've managed to come away uninfluenced by the rednecks. And after 1 1/2 years in Tennessee, and one night of four-wheelin', all that has been washed away.

Will I ever be the same? Is there any hope for me of becoming a distinguished citizen once again?

Y'all think 'bout that fer a spell... I'm a gonna fry up some chikn' n' biskits....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I did spell check on my post, it wanted me to replace "Kasey's" with "gaseous".
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL hahahahahahahahaha That's hilarious. :-)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like sooo much fun! Wish I could have been there!

Anonymous said...

It WAS so much fun! And, I need a new partner in crime if Rachel isn't going to go again. If I really really thought I was taking my life into my own hands, or someone elses for that matter....I wouldn't have done it. Its SO fun! I think we are going again this weekend!

Anonymous said...

It was a blast Kasey, and I know that it is something I will tell my grandkids about, if Jesus doesn't come back before that! I'm not saying you risked my life, just that I am more cautious a person than a lot of people, and I worry about the "what ifs". That's just me. But I had an AWESOME time! :-)

Anonymous said...

RACH !!!!
Youins best be careful over there!
~Your Mama who is not amused