Friday, December 30, 2005

A New Year is coming...

I'll post long and hard about my Christmas later. Right now, I'm working on bookmarks for the New Years Retreat. I'm printing them with a poem I wrote.

I'm sure my rhyme scheme is off somewhere, but it's from my heart and I hope it pleases the Lord.

My Heart is in His Hands
(Proverbs 3:5,6)

I held my heart so close to me
Bidding no one interfere
With the plans I laid so carefully
And the dreams I held so near

But my fragile fingers couldn’t hold
The things so dear to me
They slipped right through
Before I knew
The pieces were at my feet

Through my tears I heard a Voice
So gentle and so sweet
He did not scold, He simply said,
“Give the pieces to me.”

I gave to Him my shattered heart
He took it, and with a smile
Fashioned the pieces into something
A little more worthwhile

All the dreams I once had loved
Seemed small compared to this.
My plans were all so commonplace
When compared to His

Now I‘m resting peacefully
Now I understand
I know my life is in His control
And my heart is in His hands

No comments: