Saturday, April 8, 2006

Weird Mood... Again

Why do I always end up blogging recently when I'm in a weird mood? Oh well. It's a good way to get my thoughts together, and express what I'm feeling.

We finished up watching "The Father of the Bride" tonight. I love that movie, but it was a bad idea. Brings back too many memories. And just when I thought I'd gotten over it...

I bought thread to make a skirt out of fabric that I got for costumes for the Africa booth. Don't worry, it's not very African, but the best I could find out of the $1.00 a yard bin at Wal-Mart. I found a cheap pretty pattern and I can't wait to get started on it! Maybe next weekend.

This week is busy. I'm supposed to start part-time back at Wendy's this Tuesday evening. I'm half-tempted to tell them no, I changed my mind... I am NOT looking forward to it. But I guess I can do it for now and keep looking for something else that I'll enjoy more. Oh well.

Pray for my friend Becky that I've posted about before. She found out Friday that the baby hasn't been growing at all. Just the placenta and an empty sac. It was so sad. I spent all Friday afternoon with her. We didn't leave until 11:30. She's been a good friend and I hate to see her go through this after she was so looking forward to being a mommy. She has had a couple people make really insensitive comments to her about it, so Monday everyone at work had BETTER not say a thing! I hope I can be an encouragement, but it's just hard to know what to say. I can just be there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How far along was/is she? Is she gonna have to have a DNC? I went through this 2 times before I had Caetie. Tell her there is hope. I have 6 kids now.

I had a DNC the first time. Me and Danny both regret that. We think we should have waited a little longer to be sure. I wonder if the Dr didn't convince me to abort a live fetus. *sigh*
They told Jenniefer Stephens the same thing. I told her of my experience and she asked them to wait 1 month and check again. We have Hannah Banana today because of that!! Tell her to wait. Don't get her hopes up too much but she really should wait... they mess up far to much to trust their word everytime. They tested Hannah and everything. They said no growth, no movement, no heartbeat... NADA! But then 1 month later she was perfectly normal size and movement. Today she is a little devil! ;) ;) ;)

Anonymous said...

No, it wasn't like that. The cells that divide into the placenta and sac divided fine and have been growing. But the cells that divide into the baby never got beyond the initial stage. The sac was literally empty. No hope for otherwise. The NP told her it may make her feel better to know that there never was a baby in the first place. One: Life begins at conception, so though it may not have been distinguishable as a child, it's a baby nonetheless. Two: What a heartless thing to say! She wanted that baby.

But yeah, if the situation was different, I'd be saying the same thing. How awesome about Hannah! I had a friend whose mother was expecting later in life, and went to the abortion clinic, but they didn't a space for them that day, so they left, and never went back! She's 16 now... I wonder if she knows how close she was to not being here??

Anonymous said...

That is so sad to hear, tell her I am praying for her.