Monday, June 19, 2006

The Beat Goes On

Our second visit to the doctor. They said I was a bit dehydrated 'cause I had ketones in my urine. I have to watch that and make sure I drink more.

The doc was nice... but I felt rushed. She wasn't in there 5 minutes I bet. Sigh. I asked her about the sharp pains when I roll over from side to side or move a certain way, and she said it's the ligaments that support the uterus stretching... I just have to lay on the side that is hurting so that it can rest. The only problem is that if I roll over so that the side that hurts can rest, it will pull the OTHER side and then they BOTH will hurt! Duh!

But before the doc got in there, the nurse brought out the doppler. First we heard my heart beat... looked around a bit more... my heart beat again.... then... another beat! A quieter, faster one!!

The most beautiful sound on earth. One hundred sixty-six beats a minute. I'm glad Brad was there for it. He could totally tell the difference when we went from my heartbeat to the baby's. I was afraid that the significance of it all would be kinda lost on him and it wouldn't seem real to him, but it was! It was so nice to hear it and look at him across the room. Our baby.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats guys


how much does your doc charge an hour?
I'll beat that price.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! He doesn't know you does he! LOL!!

Based on an "Old Wive's Tale" you will have a girl! :)

Anonymous said...

awwwww Rach!
Now you got me crying

Anonymous said...

All that free time you got now.. one would think the links section would be fixed! LOL!

Anonymous said...

LOL, no he don't! Shh Wendy! Don't let it out yet... :-)

What old wives tale? OH! The heartbeat? It was 144 beats per minute when we had the ultrasound just over a month ago.

I still think it's gonna be a boy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know, I know... I've gotta find a new look for this silly blog and I hate looking through pages and pages and not finding anything I like. I'm waiting to fix my links until I get the rest done... Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your baby is doing well. =)

Anonymous said...

I still can't get links on my blog no matter how I follow the instructions. My template has them but it doesn't work! Maybe you can help me one of these days when things settle down.

Anonymous said...

Try using a pillow to support your tummy while you sleep. It will help the L not to have to strech so much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Sis. Rebekah. I'll try it!