Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace... and boy do I need it!

Today was a good day. I just lazed around this morning a bit because I felt blah, then did some dishes. Kasey called me to see if I wanted to go to lunch with her! I said that I would LOVE to but I hadn't showered yet and I didn't have a car so she'd have to come and get me. She asked permission from her boss to take an hour lunch so I QUICKLY took a shower, dressed, blow dried my hair, and was ready in the twenty minutes it took her to leave work and come to my house.

We went to Cracker Barrel since Kasey had read Becky's blog and it coerced her into getting french toast. :-) It was a good lunch! It was fun to catch up on things since she's been gone. Thanks Kasey! It's worth not working just to be able to have lunch with you once in a while. We were late leaving because our waitress was a bit slow, but her boss wasn't mad at her, so I hear, thankfully.

When I got home I did a humongous-ical amount of dishes! I was so pleased! I'll be able to wrap it up tomorrow easy. Yessssss, I FINALLY accomplished something around here! Thank you Jesus! Yes, He DOES answer prayer. :-)

The only thing I regret to inform everyone that I've broken the first piece of my ivy Corelle set that was a wedding present from Danielle, my maid of honor, and her family.

Here's the viewing:
(Yes, those are my yucky counters... oh well). My Mama and Daddy had a Corelle set with green daisies on it that was given to them at THEIR wedding, and now after... 28 years? all that remains is one little saucer plate. It's cute. So now has begun the demise of MY set... I wonder if I can make the rest of it last another 25 years? All I can say is that it's a good thing that you can buy individual replacement pieces at Wal-Mart, because as clumsy as I am, we'll have to go to all paper or plastic dinnerware.

It sure would cut back on the amount of dishes I have to wash!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See that is what makes me so brilliant. We rarely use anything that isn't disposable. :P

Anonymous said...

The viewing...that's hysterical! I guess you have heard my Corelle story. When they first came out, they had either the green or the gold edge pattern. Can we say boring??? So my Mom gets the gold one. I probably commented more than a hundred times while whining over having to wash and dry dishes at her house, about how ugly those things were. She just smiled sweetly. So guess where those dishes are now? In yours truly's cabinet...and I think we are maybe missing ONE piece of a 16 piece service! When my folks passed away 14 years ago... I got the lovely set that I grew up with!!! Is that poetic justice or what???

Anonymous said...

I like correlle or however you spell it. One day, when I am a big girl I want to get a set. My parents STILL have their set from eeons ago. I don't think they have broke a single piece. Of course yours truly did the dishes for so long, they were in the best hands possible for a long dish life.:p

I had fun too, don't know why I thought everyone sounded australian, but thats another story in its self. And Rachel I am from Idaho! :)

Anonymous said...

Kasey, where are you from again?

Anonymous said...

I never was totally nuts about my green set, But I sure wish I still had each and every piece! This older lady who was a church friend of my grandmothers gave the set to us. She also is the lady who gave me my wedding shower.
Iam so sentimental ...sigh