Tuesday, June 27, 2006

French toast, Pizza, and Fun!

YAY! My blog is back in full force. I really don't know what happened. I couldn't figure out why it only wanted to show my yellow star background and nothing else. Nothing was messed up in the template code. So I copied and pasted my whole template into a text window, changed it to a blogger provided template (BO-RING!) and everything was still there. So I pasted my customized template back in, and bingo! Everything is back where it should be and all is well with the world again. I think my crazy pregancy hormones are telepathically affecting my blog. Ha ha!

Yes, Wendy, Monday was a lovely day! I took Brad to work, then went to pick up Becky at her house. Becky and Chris made a lovely french toast breakfast with sausage links. Yummy! Then the three of us went into town to Becky's doctor appointment. While I was waiting on Becky and Chris while they were back with the doctor, Misty came in. She used to work with Brad and Kasey at Goggin Warehouse... the job Brad started out with when we first moved to Nashville. She thought she knew me but wasn't sure. I'm surprised I remembered her name. I NEVER forget a face but I have a hard time remembering names. She remembered me and Brad once I told her who I was. She was excited to hear we're having a baby, but it was soooo funny. She said, "Brad a daddy.... OH boy, THAT'S gonna be something else!" She knows what a total goofball Brad is. She loved Brad to death but he can drive everyone a little batty at times. Ha ha! I told her that at least our child will be able to relate to his/her father, if only as a peer! She agreed!

After the doctor, we went to Prime Outlets mall in town, walked around Carter's, they had some really good sales. The cool thing is that I could get anything and not keep the receipt and exchange it at any Carter's in the country for up to a year. So I could get both girl and boy clothes and take back whatever I don't need in a couple months when we find out the baby's gender (yes, I MUST find out! I hope I don't have a modest child in my womb....). I may go back next week and get a few outfits.

We walked around a couple different places. Went to Dress Barn and mostly made fun of clothes and people who don't know how to clothe themselves. (Chris!! lol)

Went to KB Toy store and looked at cool stuff. Becky found a totally awesome Care Bear laundry basket-y type thing. Cute! Then we were looking at toy food and saw a Pizza Hut play set and made Becky want pizza. I was already thinking about pizza, so we decided to go to Painturo's Pizza for lunch. Boy that place is cool. Yummy breadsticks, yummy pizza, even though for some weird reason they cut it into little diamond shapes. But it was cool because it made Becky happy inside to be eating cute little pieces of pizza. So it was worth it. :-) The atmosphere and decor there is really nice too. It's one of me and Brad's favorite spots in town.

Then we went to Hickory Hollow to go to the JoAnn's there that is selling EVERYTHING because they are moving to the new humongous-ical (that's my word) JoAnn's superstore in Mt. Juliet. All the fabric was 60% off. Awesomeness! I got some purple velour/corduroy type fabric to make a nice winter maternity dress with. I just have to find the pattern I want... then some cool lightweight knit to make some baby boy sleepers and stuff with, and a pretty cotton print to make a summery baby dress with. I have to sew for both boy and girl right now, but I'll tell you right now it's a whole lot easier and more fun to sew for girls. :-)

We saw Rose in JoAnn's too. That was funny. :-)

I was casually saying that we had to get Brad at 4:45, and then Becky looks at her watch and says, "Uh, it's 4:37!" or something like that. So we got our material (Becky got some cool stuff too!) and headed out of there. Becky was amused at me trying to hit the high notes on Bryan McKnight's "Back at One"... ok, so I wasn't really trying. I was just being goofy and it sounded horrible, but I was in a goofy mood and it was funny. :-)

We picked up Brad (who wasn't mad at all that we were a half hour late... he's so sweet!) then dropped Becky off and then took Chris back to town to his friend's house. Brad & Chris talked about bass guitars and drums all the way back to town. It was funny. :-)

Then I gave Brad leftover pizza for dinner and he will love me forever now 'cause it was really good pizza. Ham & pineapple and bacon, in all it's cheesy, greasy, ooey-gooey loveliness. Yumm....

Then I talked to my dear Mama on the phone. My sister Bekah Anne got a humongous-ical splinter in her finger Sunday night and had to go the to ER to have it removed. Yikes! I hate to hear about things like that 'cause I wish I was there with her for it. I was with her when she broke her arm through all the x-rays and everything... she's so brave. Poor baby girl. Hard to believe she'll be 13 in December! Where does the time go!!!!

So yeah, anyway, that was my Monday. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD GRIEF! I have never heard of a splinter having to be removed at the ER! I will have to see if your momma blogged about that! :P

Anonymous said...

I told ya, it was HUMONGOUS-ICAL!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was scrubbing my pool deck at the old house and one about 3/4 of an inch long and 1/8 inch thick went deep into my finger. I thought I would die. Went to the doc's office and he said, you have to have a plastic surgeon take this out or your hand will never be the same. He had to wrap it for the WEEK END and I went Monday and it was surgically removed! The only time I was more relieved than that was when they got Brad out of my belly! So I feel for Bekah!

Anonymous said...

geez...giving me the squirms...YUCK! I HATE slivers. One time I got a reaaaaly big one in my toe. I didn't go the doctor you are thinking though, I went to my dad, who had a pocket knife, a BIG pocket knife. *shivers*

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S why you only have 4 toes on that foot! LOL LOL

From what Mama said, it was a pretty big splinter. It went into her finger just behind the nail and then broke off so there was no way anyone was gonna pull it out. She was crying and you know for Bekah to be crying its REALLY bad. So they took her to the ER and the doc had to numb her finger on the top and bottom and cut her nail open to get to the splinter. I think I'm telling that right. I should just let Mama tell it. She'll have to tell it in her own words.

Anonymous said...

owwiness!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel rememebr "Dress Barn" in Branson at Branson Meadows? We got Rebekah's 6th grade graduation dress there.
I'll post about her finger thing on my blog soon.
I've just been out of it this past week.