Saturday, May 27, 2006

Daydream Believer

I've been having incredibly weird dreams lately. I think it's because of the crazy pregnancy hormones.

This first dream I can't blame on the pregnancy, but since it's related I have to share it. Around Christmas, I dreamed I was pregnant and my stomach was the size of a hot air balloon. When it was time to deliver, the doctor took a long needle and popped my stomach just like a balloon. When the smoke cleared, twin six-month old boys sat quietly on the floor (does that explain my extra-large stomach?). Brad freaked out. "There's TWO??? Send one back, send one back!!" But he couldn't figure out which one to keep and which one to send back so he decided that we had to keep both of them.

Then since I've been pregnant, I've dreamed that Megan and I were at someone's house doing laundry, but we went to the store and bought men's underwear and wrote someone's initials in them and hung them on the person's clothes line, apparently trying to incriminate them. As in, "WHY is this person's underwear on your clothesline?" Freaky. I'd NEVER do something like that!

Then I had a dream that the baby was born in a hospital and the McDonald's fry guys were there(you know, the things that look like cheerleader pom-pom's with eyes and legs with sneakers). They were trying to take over my baby! Though Bekah pointed out that would be difficult with no arms. But that doesn't seem to stop the Veggie Tales characters, in instances other than the theme song. Some serious continuity issues there.

Then I dreamed that my boss fired me for having an ultrasound appointment. I was trying to get her to remember that I HAD told her I was going to be leaving early to go to the appointment, but that wasn't her problem. She said that I wasn't allowed to EVER have an appontment of ANY kind, and that I was fired and was to leave the facility immediately.

We used to always watch this show on PBS that was called 3-2-1 Contact. At the end of the show, there was a segment called "Mathnet." There was a man detective and a woman detective. The always had to use the Fibonachi sequence or something like that to solve a crime or mystery. I LOVED it!!!! Well, I dreamed that I was in a little room and the lady detective was shining a spot light on me. She wanted to know WHY I pluck my eyebrows with tweezers instead of having someone wax them. I freaked out and was crying. "I don't know, I just didn't want to pay someone to do it!" I think maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me my eyebrows need attention, which I have thought about before this dream. But where on earth did Mathnet come from? I haven't thought about that in forever.

Then night before last I dreamed that I went to the Subway that our friend Nittin at work co-owns. The place was deserted, and there was a sign that said, "Make your own." So I made myself a turkey sandwhich on wheat with sweet onion sauce.

Yumm... sounds good....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry sweetie, I'll protect you from the fry guys. I'll squirt ketchup on them and the hamburgler will eat them :-) I think this is their achiles heel, I'll call Josh and Micah and find out, they should know how to combat them, I just hope it doesn't involve molitov cocktails or any other kind of explosives. ;-)

Anonymous said...

RACH RACH RACH ;-)

More on this one later ;-)

Anonymous said...

meaning i WOULD??? *winks*

Anonymous said...

You said it Megan, not me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Janet...this is going to be the MOTHER of our grandchild...eeeeks!You guys are too much!

Anonymous said...

LOL boys! boys, I tell you!! =P weirdness. I had a weird dream too but it doesn't have anything to do with you, so I'll post about it on my own blog. lol.

Anonymous said...

Its the pregnancy thats causing all the weird dreams. I have them all the time but usually they are so strange they make no sense at all so I cant even tell anyone about them. LOL. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

WOW, those were interesting and entertaining! Make sure you post the ones to come...have a great day.