Friday, May 5, 2006

Finally... the BIG NEWS

Ok, here it is... the moment we've all been waiting for!

This is what it's all about, folks.



I'M HAVING A BABY!!!


Thursday and Friday mornings I woke up and just felt WEIRD. Not sick, or anything like that, but my tummy just felt WEIRD. So I decided to take a pregnancy test. Now, I've taken a lot of pregnancy tests. They have never looked anything but absolutely negative. But this one showed the positive line RIGHT AWAY, however it was VERY faint. But I'm thinking, hmm, if there's anything there at all I probably really am pregnant.

(It's so faint you can barely see it in this pic)

I was sooooo excited! But I didn't want to get my hopes up too much, just in case. Brad & I decided I should go to the doctor this week.

Thankfully, we have wonderful insurance now! Thank the Lord for wonderful timing!

I took another test on Sunday just to see, and it came out the same way.

Monday I had to ask the Boss' permission to come in late Tuesday after my doctor's visit and got the go-ahead.

Tuesday morning. Went down to the clinic at 6:45 a.m. They have a walk-in clinic only from 7-8 and I wanted to be there as soon as possible so we could get back to work earlier. Of course Brad came with me, but I didn't want him to come back with me, in case it was negative. I would feel stupid.

So I went back... Oh boy I've gained 15 pounds in the past month (could it be twins?).

Saw the nice nurse practioner after taking the test... She says, "Are you new to Lebanon or just to our practice?" I say, "Just to the practice, we just got insurance and I haven't really needed a doctor until now." She says, "Well, this will probably be your last time here, cause we're gonna need to be moving you on... to the OB/GYN..." I'm like..."Really? It was positive?" She says, "Yes! Is this... a good thing?" "YES!!! It's a VERY GOOD THING!"

She gave me the test to take home. No faint lines in this one. No doubt... it's positive.

(Even with a little blurry photo you can still tell it's positive!)



Came home and called my Mama... first I couldn't get ahold of her! I'm like, "I HAVE to tell my Mama first! If I can't get ahold of her, I'm just going to have to lock myself in the house because I am not going to be able to keep this to myself, but my MAMA has to know FIRST!!" Finally they answer the phone, and it was Daddy. "Hi Dad, can I talk to Mom?" Poor Daddy. He was next to know. :-) This will be the first grandbaby for them, and the first niece or nephew for everyone else. They are SOOOOOO excited.

Then Brad called his parents. Maybe I'll let him tell about that. But I could hear Mom Julie shrieking all the way across the room! Yeah, she's a little excited (and will be thrilled that I'm FINALLY blogging about this so that SHE can blog about it too!)

My first OB/GYN appointment is Thursday the 11th at 1:30. WAY too far away!!! I don't know if I can wait that long.

Unless the doc tells me something different, I'm due January first. I'm six weeks along. :-)

Everyone please pray all goes well. Today I didn't go to work because I woke up sick to my stomach, though I still have yet to puke. Then I just cat-napped all day and I'm still so tired it's not funny so I'm not going into work tonight, either. I didn't really want to anyway. I'll no longer be working at Wendy's after next week (and just a few hours, even then). I don't need to be pushing myself like that if I'm pregnant. Forty hours may even be pushing it.

We want a girl first. A boy would be great too, and I want boys, but I think I want a girl first. We have new names picked out everyday. Wednesday it was Bethany Ann. Yesterday I hated it. Today I like Kyla Elizabeth. I don't know about it though now that it's afternoon.

I'm not going to be fit to live with for the next 8 and a half months!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have something funny to tell you whenever you decide to talk to me on yahoo =P

Anonymous said...

woah, I'm gonna be a daddy! Glad I read this blog, I wouldn't have known, :-p yeah I told my mom the same way she told her parents about me, she said "I have a friend who will be coming, and I want you guys to help me out by buying/making clothes because this person doesn't have any clothes or any belongings" or something to that effect, my aunt and uncle were there too, and one by one they started catching on to what she was hinting at. So I asked mom if she was getting ready for christmas yet, and that I needed her to start making clothes for a friend that was coming around that time, so she caught on pretty quick, haha. She was in histerics for 5-10 mins. It was funny, I was worried she was gonna have a heart attack! Anyway, the word's out now, so everybody can blog to their heart's content! The Riddell's are gonna have a rug rat! haha

Anonymous said...

You do know my daughter's name is Kailee Elizabeth, right? :0p

Kyla IS pretty though.

Congrats!!!! When you start getting nervous, let me know. I have LOTS to share. Matter of fact, if you have any questions, you can email me. It's always nice to talk to ppl who JUST had a baby. Especially if you're going for an epidural. If not, you might wonna talk to Wendy. ;)

Seriously though, any questions, send me an email. HarmlessDove@cox.net

Again, CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

LOL I forgot about that! Elizabeth is my middle name and I love it. And I LOVE names that start with K... hmm.. wonder why? (some out there know why)


Thanks for the offer! I might just take you up on that! I'm going to avoid an epidural at ALL COSTS but people at work are giving me until 4.5 cm until I scream for drugs!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm gonna be an uncle. I'm gonna be an uncle. This might be weird coming from your brother, but I've heard that water births are good, and if that scares the ever-living crap out of you, see if you can arrange to have access to a birthing chair. Gravity is your friend.

Anonymous said...

I waited till around 3cm to get my epidural. I wasn't feeling ALOT of pain but I definitely wanted to stop any forthcoming pain. :) The epidural was GREAT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jon. giving birth under water sounds like it would be easier.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!

I was too scared to try water. I was affraid I would get in and not be able to get out if I didn't like it.

I'm with everyone... if you have drugs in mind 4 is where you REALLY start thinking hard about it. If you wait until 5 you may have waited too late. :)

KEWL!!! I'm happy for you! I hope it goes well!!

Anonymous said...

lol... Grandmothers are so funny, I love hearing about their reactions:)

It made my day when I heard about it.

Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

Well I never thought I'd see the day...we can show our positive tests to the whole world! LOL...too funny! In our day, we just kept 'em for a keepsake...what a scream! SCREAM? Who screamed? What are you talking about? I didn't scream...that must have been your imagination. Of course, my dog sure was acting weird and looking at me like I'd lost it...don't know what his problem was. As Barney would say..."That's just spirit!" LOL...yes, I think I'm excited. Sister Amy Bogoni sure was too and she is putting aside a bundle of girls clothes we'll get next week end. That's thinking positive for you, huh? A GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS, Mom! We love you and are proud of you both. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to be an AUNT!

I was #6 to find out???

I didn't say anything for a whole five minutes. first time in my life, i think.wow.

so happy. so very happy.

now you have a reason to be emotional and i can't pick on you anymore!

Anonymous said...

A great big CONGRATULATIONS to both of you guys--or should I say, to ALL of you, because grandparents often get as excited (or even more so) than the parents! It's not too early to be praying that God will give you wisdom to guide and direct this precious child in the ways of the Lord, that right now God will be forming in him/her a heart that's tender towards Him. May this child be fervent and mighty in spirit and an asset to the kingdom, and to The Church of God! You will be stewards of God's child. Sounds scary, huh? It is! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Just want to say Congratulations to you and Brad. Tis a true blessing to have a child to love and cherish. Epideral? Ah, come on ladies ya don't need anything. All natural is the way to go. Had two out of three children without it :p
You take care of you and that little one and I will be here if you need me.

Anonymous said...

I WANTED a epidural. Maybe I didn't NEED one but I certainly asked for it. I had no problem whatsoever going through my childbirth without pain and it certainly didn't make me feel less of a woman.

*pro-epidural* ;)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm very happy for you both, even though we haven't ment yet. I know you two mean alot to my brothers. :) I've had 2 in the water (births) They are very nice.

Anonymous said...

It is soooo cool to be a Grandmother!! I am soooooo excited! WOW I'M A GRANDMOTHER!!!
I'M A GRANDMOTHER!!!
I'M A GRANDMOTHER!!!

Natural is the only way to go. Giving birth is something you only get to do a few times in your life so enjoy, love and treasure it. It's something so special don't miss a moment of it.Of course I do not need to tell you that do I baby girl!
Love you
~Mama