Monday, May 15, 2006

My Weekend

Saturday we went to the Zoo... we got there at 5:10 and they close at 6, we just wanted to run in and see the giraffes, but it ended up being a Member's Night so we got to stay until 8. It was great! They gave everyone free hot dogs and chips and drinks and doughnuts. We went to sit on picnic tables under a tree where not a whole lot of people were sitting, and lo an behold, who should be sitting at the next table but Bryan White and his family. It was hilarious! He was wearing a cap that said, "I'm a Legend in Japan." Brad didn't notice him and I didn't want to draw attention to him, poor guy just trying to enjoy the evening with his family. I told Brad I should have started saying things like, "So much for pretending, they only give us one hot dog" or "Well, I wanted Sprite but I must have been wishing on someone else's star". It was amusing.

I celebrated my very first Mother's Day yesterday! It was so sweet. Sis. Teresa honored me as the mother-to-be at church... although I thought it was silly because I'm not a mother-to-be, it's a baby NOW, so I'm a mother NOW, but it still was sweet. A lot of people apparently hadn't heard so it was a shock. Everyone gave a big cheer. :-)

Brad took me to IHOP for lunch... I was craving eggs and they have stuffed french toast that is absolutely divine. I couldn't finish it all so Brad helped. :-)

Then my last mother's day request was a trip to Goodwill. We went to the one on Nolensville Rd. and it is dinky though they did have some good maternity shirts. I may go back there for those later. But I found two awesome books! "All the Way Home" by Mary Pride, the sequel to "The Way Home"! Yay!!! She can be a bit extreme but for the most part she is my hero. Her personality reminds me of Wendy. :-)

I also found a book from '79 called "Special Delivery" by Rahima Baldwin Dancy. Like many natural childbirth books of the seventies, you have to sort through the nonsense but there is a lot of just good basic info about natural childbirth that is hard to find anywhere else.

So I was very happy to find such appropriate books on Mother's Day.

More thoughts later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

What a memorable first Mother's Day you had.

Anonymous said...

Rach I still can't believe you found those books!I HAD BOTH ! As I told you on the phone...The delivery one is the one my La Leche League midwife friend told me to get when I was expecting Jon!
who would of ever thought!
LOL
LOVE YOU,
MAMA

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day.

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's so cool you found those books! And going to the zoo with Bryan White...you'll be able to tell the child he was there with a celebrity at the zoo...too funny. Sounds like it was a good week end and I'm so glad. Keeping busy around the "other stuff" is the key. Keep your mind somewhere else until it passes (with the Lord's help!). I'm praying for you Hon!