Monday, May 22, 2006

Hiding

I've been incredibly unsociable lately. I've been feeling crummy. I've had a lot on my mind and heart. When I'm like that I tend to retreat into myself. My friends think I've forgotten they exist.

Truth is, when I need my friends most, that's when I tend to shut them out. I love talking to people, and I love being a friend, and I love trying to help people with their problems. But when I have problems of my own, I run away and hide.

Which is not good, because then I'm not in a position to help anyone else, because all I'm doing is looking at ME. It's called trying to survive. But I feel like I should be doing a lot less surviving and a lot more thriving.

Sigh. Thanks for being there. You know who you are. Thanks for understanding and listening when I need it. I'd never be able to make it through without Jesus and friends like you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you Rachel!!! It'll get better soon. hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rach, don't you know that when you're pregnant your allowed to get away with all kinds of stuff? People can't get mad at you for anything because we all understand those moments. Especially the first and last trimester....man, it's like a roller coaster of terrors and thrills! We all understand. So much to get used to and so much to think about. Most of us out here get it, believe me! Hugs & Love from Mom

Anonymous said...

Rachel you're a treasure! I love you so much. Your baby is so blessed to have you and Brad for parents.
It's gonna be just fine
~Mama

Anonymous said...

Like Mom Riddell said we all have those moments during pregnancy. You will feel better, honest. You just remember we are all here for you through it all. Love & a big bear hug, Rose

Anonymous said...

It's been longer than since I've been pregnant! Pregnancy does seem to exacerbate it though. Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. Love Y'all. :-)