Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Edifying Online Content

Things I've been reading online lately, Part One:

Most everyone knows that I love Josh Harris' books and philosophies. Well, his mentor is C.J. Mahaney. C.J. has 3 lovely daughters and they have a blog that encourages Godly womanhood. (Whew, that was a long setup!)

They have had a WONDERFUL series on modesty! While I don't agree with all of their doctrinal points, they are really bringing home the point that modesty is a heart issue, and how we can not only evaluate our hearts, but think differently so that we can spare our brothers some grief.

Now I know I'm not the poster child for saying this because everyone knows that most of the time I'm frumpy looking. But that's only because I'm poor and I'm fat. At least I'm modest! But trust me! It is possible to be modest and still be stylish!

So don't look at my non-designer look and automatically discredit what I'm saying. I'm a married woman now, and boy I wish I had understood then what I understand now. I wish a lot of people did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you. I want to be modest AND stylish, but I am poor AND fat and can by the wal-mart clearence rack! LOL! My current obsession is gauchos! The ones that look more like a skirt then pants. They afford me the moveability of pants but the look of a skirt. YAY!
Rachel! Dave is selling his Jimmy! Now you cant go 4 wheeling.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, really. You don't have to be "stylish" to look good. I'm fatter than you are and I still manage to find clothes that are modest and look good. You've said before that you like my "style"...well you know what?? most of my clothes came off of a clearance rack somewhere for a maximum of $12. If YOU think you look "frumpy", shop the clearance racks for stuff you like...and now that you're preggy, when shopping for maternity clothes, DEB plus size is great, they have some cute clothes (some of them are horrible, but some are cute), and they are inexpensive. Plus, you can just buy whatever you like in a size or two bigger than you wear normally. But don't just think you're "frumpy" because you don't follow fashion. Everyone has their own style, and there's nothing wrong with that. Anyway, I'm rambling, sorry.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I never thought of you as frumpy Rachel. You have always been clean and neat and put together. Your heart radiates through your face and everyone is blessed by your smile...hang in there kiddo.