Saturday, July 15, 2006

Arrived in Arkansas

I'm in Arkansas now! It was a good trip here. I was late picking Jeff up from the airport because I had so much trouble getting all the last minute stuff together. Grrr! I hate making people wait on me and I felt really bad but Jeff was really nice about it. We braved I-24 to go pick Brad up from work and they let him go as soon as we got there, even though it looked like they had a ton of work left. We dropped our Suzuki off at the Donnafield's, they were nice enough to let us park it there for the week.

And then we were off! We stopped for dinner and a couple rest stops along the way, but it was pretty much uneventful. The guys decided to stop in Carlisle, AR, about 30 minutes from Little Rock. We spent the night in a hotel there and headed out the next morning after stopping at a McDonald's for breakfast. We arrived here in Green Forest about 1:30. It was a fun trip and I had a great time with my guys. I WAS NOT ready to watch Brad drive away. I even had to call him back for one last kiss. I'm going to miss him SOOOO much!

But I have had such a good time so far. It is so nice to be around my family again. I got to talk to Josh on the phone! I can't wait for him to get here. Micah came from work, even though he had a barbeque for a friend who is going to Iraq to go to tonight. Heather was here, I am SO GLAD I'm going to get to hang out with my sis-in-law. She's the coolest. Jon & Jaci came, I'm so glad they did. I do believe I could talk to either of them for hours. Jon took Micah to his barbeque and Jaci stayed here and we got to visit for a bit. That was fun. Jon got back and groaned because we were subjecting everyone to Napoleon Dynamite special features... apparetnly it's too stupid for him. He used to get tickled at stupid stuff, what happened??? :-)

So I'm surrounded by the ones I love and I'm praying for the ones I love that are not here with me.

I miss you honey. I love you with all my heart, and I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I haven't heard from them yet. I'm off to the convention's last session this morning. Have a great time with the family!

Anonymous said...

Julie I told Rach yesterday...that you and I had said, if we all lived close by you and I would go pick up the grandbaby and spoil her/him rotten !
We would too !!!
LOL