Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sunday!

I got to visit the Mountain View folks Sunday! It's a two hour and ten minute drive and there was no way we were getting everyone out the door at 7:30 so we just went for the morning service. Mama, Matthew, Bekah, and Isaiah went with me. Daddy had to stay home and get some stuff done at the house or else he would have gone with us. Dad always got along really well with Bro. Cartwright (for those who don't know him, his name is really Ben Cartwright! We'd always call their place the Ponderosa).

Anyhow, it was so good to see everyone again! All the kids have grown SO MUCH it's just not right. It makes me feel old. ha ha! Mountain View is where it all began for me and it's so funny to think of all that has happened since then. Brad and I got married in that church and now we're expecting a baby. Bro. Jernigan asked me if I've been eating too many bananas. What on earth is that supposed to mean? I told him it's more like watermelons! :-)

Everyone was so sweet to us. All of those people were so good to us when we were members there, they were like family. Wish we had kept in touch more between now and then. :-( The Jernigans have been transferred to Trumann, so I'm glad I got to see them before they moved! Ashton is getting so big! What a handful she is. :-)

We went out to eat afterwards with the Cartwrights at the Pizza Inn, where Brad & I had our rehearsal dinner. ha ha! We had such a good time visiting with them. And then the boogers paid for all of us... I should have known better with those two but I was not expecting it. They are the most giving people I know and they've been basically our spiritual grandparents. I miss them. I miss all the people at Mountain View so it was SO NICE to be back in church with everyone again. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I stumbled upon you blog somehow, but anyway. I agree the Mountain View folks are great people of God. Bro. Jernigan married me and my husband we were the first ones he married while he and Amy were still living in Trumann. They are great people. Just wanted to share!

BethB

Anonymous said...

I think I will never forget Brother Ben Cartwright the day of the wedding. With all the chaos of getting everyone there two plus hours from home and all of that, we had to run to Wal Mart for something that morning and here's Brother Ben standing in the front of Wal Mart (in a town where everyone knows him very well) with a big bundle of helium balloons (I think they were to be tied onto the car or something). And he's all calm (as always) and standing there holding these balloons, patiently waiting on his wife to get whatever other stuff she was getting for the wedding and we were coming up front to check out our stuff and there he's standing all patient like. And these guys he knows are walking past him with all sorts of comments....Nice touch, Ben...where's the circus? Things like that. And he's just smiling. It spoke volumes to me of the type of person he is because so many men would have been really impatient by that time (you had to have been there for the whole morning). So I will never forget that moment. And you are right, those are some of the best people I've ever met in TCOG! I'm so glad you got to go visit them all.

Anonymous said...

The Cartwrights are awesome people who really love the Lord for sure. The first time I met them they visited us at our home.Mr Cartwright was just sitting there on the couch quiet as could be as we ladies talked. I was going on and on about how much I disliked eastern Arkansas. All of a sudden he busted out laughing.
I knew they were special folks then.
It was great seeing them again Sunday!

Anonymous said...

By the way Julie..the day of the wedding..afterwards we were trying to find where you and Jeff were staying. I was driving everywhere looking ! Then all of a sudden there was Ben Cartwright..he pointed me in the right direction LOL

Anonymous said...

He's seems to always be everywhere helping everybody!

Anonymous said...

If you look up charity in the dictionary there's a picture of them, I want to be just like them someday.

Anonymous said...

It's nice when people can recognize people's character without somthing tragic happening