Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday stuff and Baby Update

Hey everyone! Today is my last day in TN for awhile. Next time I blog I will be in Arkansas! Unless I decide to blog again later today that is, but I doubt I will have time.

We got Brad all packed yesterday, so he's good to go. I just have to remember to wash him a sheet and get the rest of his music together for him. He's gotta have all his road trip music. :-) Oh, and I've got to remember to bring the cast iron skillet with me too, so they'll have it for the trip.

I've got almost all of my packing done, I just need to do a couple loads of laundry so I'll be sure to have everything I need. Not a whole lot fits me anymore, so I don't have a whole lot to pack. Though I did get a CUTE denim dress at Goodwill yesterday for CHEAP-O-RAMA. It's a short sleeve dress with a high gathered waist... kinda like a t-shirt dress. But I actually look PREGNANT in it! My other clothes just make me look like "Blimpo! Oink Oink! Too many twinkies!" (We watched Flight of the Navigator last night.)

Anyhow, this actually makes me look pregnant. I'm loving it. I may wear it all the time now.

Had my OB appointment yesterday, the doc had to go deliver a baby so they asked me if I would be OK just seeing the nurse. I didn't have a problem with that considering that I haven't had any more problems since the ER episode and they do what they normally would have done anyway. The nurse lady is like in her 60's and she's SOOOO sweet. I wish she was delivering the baby. Everything checked out fine. My ketones are good, so that means I'm staying hydrated like a good girl (despite Brad's protests that anything besides water won't hydrate me). The baby's heartbeat is good and going strong. :-) My blood pressure is fine as usual and I'm feeling good!

Last visit the doctor had given us brochures on tests for the baby on spina bifida, down's syndrome, and cystic fibrosis, not an amnio, all done through my blood sample. After we looked it over, it really seemed pointless because by their own admission it could say that the baby has a problem, and it doesn't, or say that it does, and it doesn't. I want the baby anyway and if they could say for sure that there was a problem and we could be able to help the baby more knowing that, then that would be one thing, but it's all guess work. They check for things during the ultrasound. That and prayer is good enough for me. The nurse had to ask me if I'd decided to do them or not, and when I told her no, she said, good because she doesn't like them. But the doctors don't like for her to say that. I told her my viewpoint and she agreed with me 100%. She's so nice. :-)

I have my ultrasound appointment Wednesday, August 16th. They will let you bring in a VHS tape and will record the whole thing for you for FREE!!! That totally ROCKS the whole total planet! I'll have to get it put on DVD and find out someway to post a clip or two on here. I HOPE HOPE HOPE they can find out if it's a boy or a girl!

On another note, pray for Brad's job.

Anyhow, I have stuff to do to get ready to leave so I'll sign off for now. Pray for us that our trip will be safe and that I'll have a productive time with my family and that Brad & I will survive our temporary separation (not THAT kind of separation, people!!!).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you look pregnant and NOT fat...thank you very much! So nah! *sticks tongue out*

Anonymous said...

I hate those test too. Sloan's momma went through them and they told her he had down syndrome. :/ That was a VERY HARD few weeks for her and the family.

I am praying about Brad's job! :)

Once I found a maternity outfit I liked I wore it EVERYDAY!! LOL!! Just wash it a couple of times a week at least. PLEASE! :X :P

How many weeks will you be at the ultrasound? *claps with excitment!*

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Don't worry! Maybe I'll wear it every other day. Wear, wash, wear, wash...

I will be 20 weeks at the ultrasound. I can't WAIT!!!!

Anonymous said...

They should be able to tell the gender of the baby. then we can REALLY go shopping! woooohooo!!! I'm glad you're finally staying hydrated like a good mommy. =P Have fun on your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

actually, gatorade (or some other power, activity drink) is better than water. water only replaces liquids, gatorade etc. replaces vitamins and minerals, and would therefore be better. see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I was 26 weeks before they checked for the gender of Kailee.

I never got all those silly tests done either. I told my OB nurse that if something were wrong with the baby, I'd love it anyway, and knowing now or later wouldn't change that.