Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rentals in Smyrna

I called the other day about a house in Smyrna that I saw for rent, but they wanted $900 a month and we can't afford that, so the realtor guy asked what we were looking for, and he told me about a little two bedroom house. We drove by it Monday and the outside looks cute, and the neighborhood is nice, neighbors even waved and said hello as we were sitting on the front porch. But I called the realtor back today and apparently he hadn't seen the inside until yesterday, and he said that it wasn't something we'd be interested in. His words were that it was "rough". I thanked him for his honesty. If it's his job to rent it out and he doesn't even want to show it to us, it has to be pretty bad.

But I'm wondering just how bad it is, and if maybe it needs fixing up, they would cut a chunk off the rent for us to fix it ourselves. It depends on exactly what needs fixing. So I'm going to call the realtor back and see what he thinks, and we still might go look at it after Brad gets off of work. We'll see. It's so cute though! Little white house with black shutters, flower beds in the front, and a good sized fenced in back yard. It would be a cute home to start out it with a baby. But I guess if the inside is trashed we can't exactly live in the backyard. :-)

Oh, and if anyone hears about anything for rent in that area, let us know.

No comments: