Thursday, July 6, 2006

Our Independence Holiday Season, Part 1

Wow, I am so far behind in blogging it's not even funny. But I have good excuses, I mean reasons, really!

I didn't do the yard sale... It's just not enought time to think of it on Thursday and have everything ready by Friday or even Saturday. I'll save that for another weekend.

Saturday Brad was itchin' to drive somewhere and I was SOOO ready to get out of this house so off we went. One of our favorite past times is just wandering. No particular destination in mind, just driving until we decide we want to stop, usually when we find something interesting or a cute little restaurant someplace. Those are the best.

This time we ended up in Livingston, Tennessee, I presume, after we stopped and looked around a little junk shop along the way. We went to Standing Stone State Park and explored a bit there. There was a pretty swinging bridge by the dam, but I didn't feel like exploring the trail so I stayed put while Brad hiked up to the top of the dam. It didn't take him long and then we headed back out to Livingston (I presume) to find something to eat. We didn't see anything worthwhile really so we wandered a bit more and our wandering took us into Cookeville.

We drove along trying to figure out where we wanted to eat, when Lo and behold, what should appear but a Goodwill SUPERSTORE! I have NEVER seen one before, so you KNOW we had to stop! It was 7:55 and they close at 8, but there was still a lot of people in there, and Brad said, Well, you have 5 minutes... My hubby is so sweet. But you know I think he realized that I could only spend so much money in 5 minutes. :-) So I ran in, just to see if there was any baby stuff that would catch my eye that I couldn't live without. That place was HUGE! About the size of a regular Wal-Mart. I heard angels singing.... ha ha! Well in my run of the perimeter of the store, I found a Theatre II stove top popcorn maker!

These things are expensive new! My parents have one that the Gomers gave us years ago, and I have MISSED it so much. The one I found looks brand spankin' new and it was only $5! I was SOOO happy!

And then I found an awesome black button up maternity shirt that laces up the back for cheap. And there was sooooo many books I about cried to not have time to look through them all but just sitting on the shelf, away from the other books, just where it would catch my eye, was the most awesomest book on babies ever for ninety-nine cents!!! "Three in the Bed", a controversial topic at best, and one I'll probably regret even mentioning on here, but one that I'm passionate about and this is a very modern informative book, very focused on safety and natural mothering. So if anyone has any opinions, please, do not make them concrete until you at least give this book a chance.

Thank you. I'll be opening the library doors shortly... :-)

So I was a very happy camper. I could spend all day in there, and I will for sure be making a trip over there just for that purpose. Anyone want to join me?

We ended up going to Taco Bell and I had a yummy chicken quesadilla.

And so ended a wonderful Saturday. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go if you aren't tired of me yet!!! =D

Anonymous said...

Family bed... tried it, didn't like it. I like my kids to sleep together but not with me. They did for the first 6 weeks. Then they lay in the crib right beside me. They can feel my close by. It is weird. They know when I leave the room. They can sense it. Give it try though! I am not opposed to it as long as it doesn't take away from Rach and Brad time! ;)

There is a superstore somewhere around here cause I have seen it... hmmm... I will try and remember.

Anonymous said...

So have you tried the popcorn maker? I wish I had some popcorn right now...you started something!