Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Good Day and Trip Thoughts

Had a fun day yesterday with Becky. We went to get fudge pie from Wendy, and stayed there and visited awhile... That was fun. I kinda felt like maybe we stayed too long but Wendy didn't make us feel that way, she's nice like that. :-)

Then we went to Wally World and got some stuff... Becky is getting ready to go on her trip to Washington for her brother's wedding and needed a new swimsuit for the trip, so we were looking for that and Wal-Mart had NOTHING! So we decided to go to KFC for dinner before looking somewhere else. But on our way into Wal-Mart I saw Megan's car, so I couldn't leave the parking lot without leaving my mark. :-) I'm a goofball but I couldn't resist. She will so roll her eyes at Brad today because of his stupid wife, but I don't care. :-p

We didn't know where KFC was but when we walked out we saw the sign across the road and down a ways... It's a sign! So we got singing Ace of Base... we're such goofballs but it was funny. :-)

Had a yummy meal at KFC and then we went to the mall... No body had anything and even stuff 50% off was outrageously priced. So we went to K-Mart and they didn't have anything, it was all just... not Becky. But then I found one hanging where it wasn't supposed to be, and Becky liked it, and tried it on and it fit! But Cato was next door and closed in four minutes so we had customer service hold it for us while we ran over to Cato to see if they had anything. It was hilarious! We just did a circle and walked through really fast and saw they didn't have anything so we walked right back out. The sales lady looked at us awful funny. I'm sure we just looked like we were using their store on our exercise route. So anyway, we went back over to K-Mart and got Becky's swimsuit, ha ha, the last place we go to FINALLY has something! We stopped at Sonic and got Brownie Blasts! It is yummy but I still like the one with cherries that they had at Valentine's Day better. I still have half of it left in the freezer so I know what I'll be eating later. :-)

Brad is leaving on his trip with his Dad on Friday. We've decided that I'm going to go with them and I'm going to be with my family while they are on their trip, since I was going to be by myself anyway and they are going that way, and stay there while Josh is home on leave from Iraq. I'm really excited about seeing everybody! I haven't seen them since January for Josh & Heather's wedding.

I was going to stay here and then have Brad take me out there for Josh's homecoming, but this will save us one trip. Brad will just have to come and get me instead of taking me out there and coming home and then coming back to get me and take me home. We'll be apart only a week longer this way but all together we will be apart for a month. That is just too long, especially considering it's a whole month of this pregnancy. I was worried about what if I feel the baby move while I'm gone and Brad misses that, but Becky pointed out that Brad won't be able to feel it himself for a while anyway, but still, I want to be together to celebrate all the little things. So I don't know. It really is too long for us to be apart but we've just got to figure out what we're gonna do about it. I'm really excited about seeing my family and I love them all very much and would spend even more time with them if I could... but it's hard to explain. My heart's home is with Brad now and if I was without him I don't know what I'd do. More everyday I see how much I need him, how much we need each other. I love him more everyday and this baby has done so much to draw us closer than ever before.

I'm so thankful for my many blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you miss Rachel. When you talk about this baby, tears come to my eyes. Thank you for sharing in the blog world. Helps me to remember expecting Kasey...be blessed and know that your are loved and appreciated.

Anonymous said...

oh geesh...get the KLEENEX RACHEL!! You started my mommas eye fountains!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Y'all are so sweet. :-)