Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday thoughts.

Hi y'all! Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post who still loves me even though I can be a nut. :-) Although I was EXTREMELY amused that new people chose THAT post to comment on for the first time to tell me that they are praying for me and am I okay???? Oh I'm sure I cracked up for five minutes straight! Thanks Sis. B (aka big sis I'm not used to having)! I will be e-mailing you soon. :-) Other anonymous person, I'm doing well now, thank you! I appreciate your prayers, Brad & I both do. Could you e-mail me and let me know who you are? addicted2jesusgirl@yahoo.com :-)

Heather came out last night and kidnapped Bekah & I! We drove out to Harrison went to the lookout on Gaither Mountain, Heather's special spot. We talked the whole time. It was so awesome. It was the first time that she and I had really got to talk. She's really easy to talk to and it really feels like she's been a part of our family for longer than she has. She really made me feel so much better about some things (you have NO IDEA how much, Heather!! Thanks for the encouragement and insight.). I was surprised that I could talk to her as freely as I did. Plus it was so nice to hear her & Josh's story from her. So sweet!

Then we went into town and visited her friend London. She was so sweet and her 4 1/2 month old baby is adorable. :-)

Brad called Heather's cell phone on the was to London's, so that was good to talk to my honey for a bit. Thanks for putting up with us, Heather!

Keep praying for me over here. I have a lot of things on my mind and other things going on. Keep praying for our troops. There's so much going on over there and we don't even know the half of it. Josh has 6 more days until he's home. It's going to be a long 6 days for Josh & Heather especially.

I had a good talk with Mama and Matthew and Bekah last night. Those two youngsters encourage me so much.

I just want all of my family to be as close-knit as we used to be. No, even better than that. I just want to do my part and then all I can do after that is pray. Pray I have wisdom. I want everyone to know how much I love them. I may not be "cool" but I love my family more than they will ever know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Rach...
hope all is well... :D

Anonymous said...

Rachel, it was soooo good to see you again at church (July 23). I didn't know you were in Arkansas. When you all came in, I started thinking about the wedding and the missing shoes and suit and it made me smile. That was one of the most exciting weddings I've ever been a part of. (Thanks!) I can't believe how grown up your siblings are now. I guess you heard that Brother and Sister Jernigan got transferred to Trumann, Arkansas. We will miss them so much (they are just like our own family) but we know that God is sending us another wonderful pastor- the Farthings from Kentucky. Congratulations about the baby! We are leaving Monday to go East (Washington DC, etc.) for 2 weeks. Hope to see you before or after we get back if you are still in Arkansas! We can't come to the Assembly this year because Wayne will be in his last semester of RN school. Anyway, it was really good to see you again. We miss all of you! Charlotte Dixon (Mtn. View, AR)charlotteldixon@yahoo.com