Friday, August 11, 2006

Brad's New Job! Yayness!


(this picture has absolutely nothing to do with Brad's job, it's just one of my faves of my hubby)


Ha ha, I'm actually blogging in the morning before Megan did! Ha ha! She's probably even still asleep as I type this at 5:22 am! *evil laugh* Hey, it will probably never happen again, so I can gloat a bit this time, can't I?

I am up very early and surprisingly I am not still sleepy, even though I tossed and turned all night.

Brad had to be up early to head out to his new job. Yes, I'm blogging about Brad's job now, though I was kinda pushed into it by a certain someone, though I was planning to anyway. Just haven't been very bloggy lately. So watch out, I think I'm gonna make up for it today!

Ok, his new job. We are SOOOOO excited!!!!! Danny got Brad a job working with him as an electrician apprentice/helper type person. This is SUCH an answer to prayer! Brad especially has worried about our finances with the new baby coming and all. This job is MUCH better than the old one!

Plus, this is starting him in a career that will serve him well for the rest of his life. He can go to school 2 nights a week and in 3 years he can have his license. In the future he could even have his own business. My brother Matthew wants to be a carpenter and he was talking about how they could have a house building business together. How cool would that be?

Even if the old job could pay him more money, where would he be in 5 years? Still stuck in the same dead end job. So this is actually something that he can grow with over time and is really good in the meantime. Thank you Jesus for putting this in our path because we sure didn't go out looking for it!

He is REALLY enjoying it so far! This is something that really interests him too. He's actually able to use his smarts. He loves to read about how stuff works. He has been coming home every night and studying about how ballasts work in fluorescent lighting. Coolness! Speaking of coolness, did I mention that he has been working at a hospital in AIR CONDITIONING??? Yay!

He is staying on at Menlo part time for the time being. He works 6:30 -3 at the new job (which until today has been in Murfreesboro), then drives to Smyrna and works at Menlo from 3:30-6:45. It makes for a long day for him, but he has done well so far. He figures that there's no way he's going to do something like this after the baby is born, we are going to need him at home with us in the evenings, so he might as well give it a shot now while he can. If it gets too much for him he'll quit, because it's not worth killing himself over. But I'm so proud of him for going out of the familiar comfort zone and doing something new for the sake of our family. He's such a good man and I'm so thankful for him! Sigh. :-)

He is working in Bellevue today so THAT is why we are up early. He left about ten after 5, so that gives him a good hour and twenty minutes to get there. Mapquest said it would take 50 min. so he just allowed extra time. Danny won't be there with him today, and Danny is really good about showing him stuff whereas the other dudes just kind of order him around, but he'll be ok. So pray that all goes well for my hubby today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry! I thought you already told... :O

Let the "advice" begin! hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great that Brad got that job!!! I'm so happy for you guys! That seems like it would be a fun job to have and it would be a year round thing that never goes out of style, if you know what I mean. :)