Saturday, August 12, 2006

Pride and Vanity vs. Honour and Humility

Thought I'd share with y'all what I found in answer to Becky's request.

I Peter 3:3-4

God doesn't want us to adorn our bodies with jewelry and make up. He wants it to be our inner spirit that makes us beautiful. (Another scripture I remembered since then confirms this: Psalms 149:4)

I Corinthians 13:4-5

If we have God's love in our hearts, we won't seek to lift ourselves up in any way: whether it be our appearance, our accomplishments, or anything else.

Proverbs 18:12

This one speaks for itself. Lift yourself up, and you'll be destroyed. Be humble, and you'll be honored.

Luke 14:8-11

See above.

Isaiah 3:16-24

Thanks to Wendy for bringing this one to my recollection! It sounds like basically the daughters of Israel were being prissy and worshipping their own looks, lavishing attention and adornments on their bodies. It's plain to see what the Lord thought of that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rachel! see ya in a few days!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's hard for me to be sure each and every hair is in place. Lay off the little girl. We both know that stuff is just advice. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Danny, you are insane. LOL! Whatever!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Rach!

Anonymous said...

what hair? :-D