Sunday, August 27, 2006

My long weekend details

Hey y'all!

Thursday evening we had a good dinner in Nashville with Scott & Angie. They are awesome! That was my first time meeting Scott and the first time I'd ever really been able to visit with Angie. Angie and I are definitely kindred spirits and Scott is a hoot! He has our sense of humor, that's for sure. But we all had wonderful conversation and we really appreciated their good spirit. Angie will be at Assembly and I look forward to visiting with them both again sometime.


I had a good birthday Friday, I'm the ripe old age of 24 now. Weirdness. I talked to my Mama for a long time on the phone, I'm so glad that it was her that helped bring me into the world. She rocks. :-)

Brad came home with beautiful roses and the new Plumb album, in a gift bag that he so carefully arranged, it was so sweet. And he wrote me a note in my birthday card that was the SWEETEST thing ever and he made me cry. We got ready and he took me to eat at Demos'. We hadn't ever been there before but had heard awesome things about it, and boy, they weren't kidding! It was voted the most romantic place to eat in Lebanon. It was classy without being stuffy. And the prices weren't bad either. Because it was my birthday, I decided to have the steak & shrimp, I never go extravagant so it was a nice treat, and in spite of that we still got out of there for a decent price. It was a lovely dinner and we immensly enjoyed each other's company. We have always been so close but our fellowship is just intensified lately and it just gets sweeter and sweeter.

Saturday we went to a free outdoor concert in Franklin. We missed Nate Sallie and Hyperstatic Union, but we got there for By the Tree (who was OK but their performance was kind of weak) and Plumb who was the headliner. She is one of my favorites, her lyrics are so artistic and have spoken my feelings in song so many times it's not even funny. Plus she just ROCKS! She is 7 months pregnant now and about to pop or she would have been even better than she was! Becky & Chris came with us and I know they must love us now because it had to be like 100 degrees out there and we sat in the sun for about 2 hrs. We drank a lot of water and lemonade and had ice cream too. Chris even swiped a chunk of ice out of the Purity booth's cooler and had it sitting on his head. It looked very comfortable!

After the concert we rushed home, showered and dressed and went to a wedding. We both have worked with Shawna & Jerry and they have been good aquaintances so they invited us to the wedding. Shawna is a sweetheart and claims to be a Christian.... It was a sweet wedding. Good food at the reception too! We visited with another co-worker, Dave, and met his wife Joann. That was fun. She was telling us all about her trips to Europe and her experiences there. It was a very amusing time. We stayed long enough to eat and see the bride & groom arrive, extend our good wishes to both and tell them we were praying for them, and made our exit as they were announcing that the bar was open and they would be setting up the dance floor! Ah, sorry, no. :-(

Pictures coming soon, I have to figure out to make the optical zoom on my camera stick so that I can upload them that way. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I know Becky does. I have to break out the manual, I suppose, but I'd much prefer finding things like that out for myself. Oh well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't figured out the optical zoom thing yet either, only the digital zoom when I take a picture. =/ When Chris grabbed the ice, the purity guy told him not to eat it, haha.

Anonymous said...

WHAT? YOU ATE SHRIMP????? *smirks*

Lance wouldn't let me eat shell fish during my pregnancy. LOL! What a goob! I suppose some people are paranoid like that - I am not, but I listened to him anyway.

Glad you had a good birthday!

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with eating shellfish during pregnancy??? hey Rachel, I got stuff to make more shrimp like I did one day when I was talkin to you about it, so you gotta let me know when you're coming over with the blank dvd so I can make it for lunch. =D

Anonymous said...

Update your profile old woman! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh! you'll have to wait til like thursday to come over now, sorry, going over to Jon's tomorrow.