Friday, August 25, 2006

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

As if no one has already guessed that due to the recent hue changes of my blog. :-D


We are so excited! I will never forget that moment, looking up at that screen.... When the technician said, "It's a girl." We both just gasped and Brad said, "Wow!" And we were both crying.

She was adorable and we could see her really well! It was so cute, she had her legs all crossed up and her hand in the way too so we couldn't tell anything, and the technician was prodding her with the thing to get her to change position, and we were looking at her profile, and she balled up her little fist and bent her elbow and punched several times up at the thing that was poking her! It was so cute!!! Brad says she's going to be just like her mother (meaning we're spirited, not that we're violent!). :-)

They said the baby looks GREAT! She is measuring kind of small, more like 19 weeks instead of 21 weeks. But no biggie there. The only thing they are concerned about is that I only have 1/2 as much amniotic fluid in there as they want me to have. They said a few things could cause it, high blood pressure, diabetes, overexertion. None of those apply to me, I don't do hardly a thing around here anymore because I get tired out so easily, and my blood pressure has been wonderful. No sign of diabetes. They said that it could possibly indicate a Downs syndrome baby, but the baby looks too good for that to be the case so that is out the window. They said that it's possible that it's just a fluke thing and it's normal for this baby to have less amniotic fluid. But they are going to do a blood test to make sure that I don't have a lingering infection somewhere, and then go do another ultrasound in a couple weeks just to keep an eye on things. I'm just glad that the baby is looking so healthy, so I'm not really worried about it, we'll just need to keep tabs on the situation. I'm trusting God to have his way with this little life.

Sigh. I'm so glad to be a Mommy and know that I'm having a little girl! We are going out to dinner tonight for my birthday and then going shopping for something pink or purple!!

Will post more pictures later. :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that with Silas. Low water. No worries here. :D

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! AND Happy Birthday! Looking forward to meeting you at the Assembly.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! So glad it is a girl! They are so fun, especially if they are a little like you. :)

Anonymous said...

yay! happy birthday, i'm glad you could find out...what a birthday present!

jaci

Anonymous said...

*jumps up and down*

*bringing girl clothes to the assembly*

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!
So happy for you guys!
We love you!
The Bogoni family..

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! Check out my blog - I left something there for you since I didn't know how to put it into this comment. Love ya! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

A little girl just seems so perfect for you two. I'm sure Brad will be a very protective dad :)

Is it just me or does it always seem like there are more girl clothes then boys- you are going to have so much fun dressing her :D

Anonymous said...

Awsome, Congrats.