Friday, August 18, 2006

Today's Non-diatribe

Hello everyone. Today is a weird day.

I have a lot on my mind and heart and some things I'm not sure what to do about. God knows though.

I'm hoping that Brad will be able to get off of work for Assemby (our yearly worldwide church convention for those who don't know). We'll see what happens.

I talked to my Mom this morning. We always have a blast talking. I definitely inherited a lot of my personality traits from my Mama. However, the older I get the more HILBURN I tend to be!!! ha ha! My Dad's mom always had this thing she would always say when we were younger. ANYTHING good about us grandkids, ANYTHING at all, was automatically labeled a Hilburn family trait (my grandmother's maiden name). My naturally curly hair. My craft skills. The way my eyebrows curve. ANYTHING! My Mama was like, didn't they get anything good from MY side of the family??? So it became a joke in our house that anything odd or weird or corny we do is a Hilburn trait. If you're around my Daddy long enough, you'd think so too! ha ha! Just kidding, I love my Daddy, but he CAN be corny. :-)

I had a good chat with my mother-in-law too. She's so sweet. I'm so glad I have people around me who help me be what I need to be. And she never makes me feel bad for interrupting something so she can talk to me! I try not to though because she has a lot going on right now.

Don't we all?

No comments: